Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vinnie Sunseri

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Safety from Alabama

Is there any chance of us taking him with a late-round pick? Why I'm selfishly interested: He played at Marvin Ridge HS in Union County until his junior year and I know a LOT of people that know him. I saw him make 22 *straight* tackles in a high school game back in the day. He was a beast in high school and was great at Alabama too. His father is Sal Sunseri, former Panthers defensive line coach under John Fox and current defensive coordinator at Florida State.

But there are some big cons too: He tore his ACL in October and he's leaving school with a year left of eligibility against Nick Saban's advice/wishes. A little undersized, not great in man-to-man coverage. 

Strengths: Was very fast (hopefully will stay fast post-ACL, TD should prove you can even get faster though), incredible instincts, a ball-hawk, tremendous leadership and great defensive fundamentals.

There are a ton of people rooting for him in the Charlotte area. 

Posted

Can he curse like his dad?

Posted

I want that dude bad, he's honey badger lite without the character baggage. Big time play maker.

Do want, badly.

Posted

Not a fan of his.

Posted

Go figure.

Posted

I am not a huge fan of his but if he is available in the 7th te risk is low enough and the potential reward would be as big as anybody else that we would draft.

Posted

7th?

I'd take him in the 5th, perhaps even the 4th.

Posted

I have read that he made a big mistake coming out and that he might even go undrafted.  Course that is just some guys opinion.

Probably has to do with his knee

Posted

I think he should have stayed in school, but I believe Wilks and McD could get a lot out of him and former teammate Lester.

Posted

I'm really surprised he didn't stay in school, but I do think he's a great safety.  He could be a good late round pick.

Posted

Can he curse like his dad?

His sister can.

I remember her yelling at people in HS when they'd criticize the Panthers.

Posted

His sister can.

I remember her yelling at people in HS when they'd criticize the Panthers.

When he was coaching here, Darin Gantt used to say he had to look up stuff that Sunseri saId to verify whether or not it was printable.