Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Bowl XLVIII: Date subject to change

73 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not a matter of playing in the elements, as football should be, or beating your chest to show how tuff you are. The important fact here is weather controls everything and we control none of it, mainly travel. With the Super Bowls, scheduling matters soooo much for ticket sales and prime air time, you could be faced with playing a Super Bowl with 1/4 of the attendance because of plane delays or be forced to move it to accommodate all those who bought tickets. Either of the two would be horrible for the game. As CC eluded to, is the NFL so arrogant to think it has tens of millions of Americans on standby for a window of 3 full days?!

Posted

That moment when the Super Bowl is in London.....

Posted

That moment when the Super Bowl is in London.....

Be the last time I'd ever watch an NFL game.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope the game gets moved just so I can see how the NFL handles that PR nightmare

1 person likes this

Posted

I am bummed we didn't make the Super Bowl. But I was planning on forking out the money to make this trip happen if we did. I would have been pissed if I made all those plans and they had to move it.

1 person likes this

Posted

As 10 day forecasts now get to Sunday, it looks like game time temps will be around 30 with a 30% chance of snow showers.

Doe not look like a bid deal to me.  Play the game, a little snow will enhance the viewing.  It's not like it is gonna be 4 degrees or anything.

Posted

Pussies!

4 people like this

Posted

Goodell will move the Super Bowl to April so Manning doesn't have to play in the cold.

Posted

yea having the superbowl in a cold weather state was a pretty dumb move

1 person likes this

Posted

I love the intrigue that a Super Bowl in New Jersey has. Another element is added, and that an element most teams deal with week in and week out during the season. It's only fair to the spirit of football that the final game be subject to the same external factors.

Posted

I love the intrigue that a Super Bowl in New Jersey has. Another element is added, and that an element most teams deal with week in and week out during the season. It's only fair to the spirit of football that the final game be subject to the same external factors.

Are you talking about regular season games that brings in a fraction of viewers, endorsements, commercials, and publicity? That contains many games across 3 different days, in many different time zones, and across many regions? That's no way similar to The SuperBowl being one game, one time, one region. Weather probably won't be a problem with this one, but I hate the idea that the NFL actually expects us to now set aside a 3 day window for the single most important game of the year. It's hard enough to get people all together for one day of the year for a party/holiday. I am completely against this becoming the standard of The Super Bowl. Don't change it if it's not broken, continue to have the game in warmer climates or at least indoors where the weather is less volatile this time of year.

2 people like this

Posted

Bruno Mars

and the Red Hot Chili Peppers