Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonluckydog

Super Bowl XLVIII: Date subject to change

73 posts in this topic

This is becoming a lady league

1 person likes this

By golly they better not bump the game up to Friday night and bump the 8pm episode of Bones! <_<

1 person likes this

Hahaha! Honestly, he didn't see this coming?

Oh yeah, ol' Roger.

Hell, even Ray Charles seen this one coming.

1 person likes this

I've played in frigid cold, blazing heat, driving rain, blowing snow, pretty much anything. It's what football players do. And in all of those conditions, the stands were full. Only time I ever saw people move was a thunderstorm in a stadium with all metal bleachers.

Pro fans in Chicago, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Green Bay and others all show up in the worst conditions. Heck, plenty of times you get shirtless guys (usually pretty well lubricated). Throw in that one of the best games ever played was nicknamed The Ice Bowl.

I have zero issues with the game being played in a old climate venue. If fans don't like it, let 'em give up their tickets to fans who do.

2 people like this

It's not a matter of playing in the elements, as football should be, or beating your chest to show how tuff you are. The important fact here is weather controls everything and we control none of it, mainly travel. With the Super Bowls, scheduling matters soooo much for ticket sales and prime air time, you could be faced with playing a Super Bowl with 1/4 of the attendance because of plane delays or be forced to move it to accommodate all those who bought tickets. Either of the two would be horrible for the game. As CC eluded to, is the NFL so arrogant to think it has tens of millions of Americans on standby for a window of 3 full days?!

That moment when the Super Bowl is in London.....

That moment when the Super Bowl is in London.....

Be the last time I'd ever watch an NFL game.

1 person likes this

I hope the game gets moved just so I can see how the NFL handles that PR nightmare

1 person likes this

I am bummed we didn't make the Super Bowl. But I was planning on forking out the money to make this trip happen if we did. I would have been pissed if I made all those plans and they had to move it.

1 person likes this

As 10 day forecasts now get to Sunday, it looks like game time temps will be around 30 with a 30% chance of snow showers.

Doe not look like a bid deal to me.  Play the game, a little snow will enhance the viewing.  It's not like it is gonna be 4 degrees or anything.