Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louisiana public schools teaching Christianity and belittling other religions

56 posts in this topic

Posted

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4647961?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&ir=Religion

Does anyone around here experience this stuff? I've heard some stories regarding Concord schools but not CMS. My son's old charter school played with the line a bit. I think the charter schools being introduced will be full of this stuff.

Some of the new charter schools in NC are going to be in churches and were previously private Christian schools.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I do not like prayer in school nor do I want biases for OR against religion in school.

3 people like this

Posted

Science is not biased against anyone. It's just science.

If you think that teaching evolution and not teaching creationism is "biased" you don't have a clue how science works.

Science has nothing to say about Jesus, Buddha, or Olivia Newton John's character from "Xanadu".

Posted

Science also told us there would be no polar ice caps by 2013

Posted

Wow it's like I just say it and it comes true

Posted

if science worked like religion scientists would be telling us that they're actually gone and the reason it looks like they're not is because the debil is tricking you

also send money

8 people like this

Posted

Point was, the "science" that you bow down to cannot get things right within 30 years, but you still bow down to it for their "30 million years ago" scenarios.

Not against parts of evolution at all, but also take things with a grain, sometimes a block of salt.

Posted

My daughter had a substitute who was in for a science class...started to make it a sunday school lesson and debunked any of the science for the day. Very productive!

Posted

No it didnt.  Quit being intentionally stupid

1 person likes this

Posted

admittedly science was drunk that night.

2 people like this

Posted

Point was, the "science" that you bow down to cannot get things right within 30 years, but you still bow down to it for their "30 million years ago" scenarios.

Not against parts of evolution at all, but also take things with a grain, sometimes a block of salt.

quit trying to work this ridiculous angle that people worship science or that it needs to be "bowed down to".  they're not analogous and it's clear you're trying to make it seem like the same arguments can tear both down.

statements like this are particularly hilarious when you consider that almost everyone who drives a car, takes medicine, or really participates in modern society at all blindly trusts science in countless ways.  maybe someone living off the grid eating a can of beans in the woods doesn't (or doesn't nearly as much) but i doubt that's what you're doing right now.

did you worry about planes falling out of the sky and crushing you while you drove to work or a gas pipeline exploding and burning you alive today?  lol keep bowing down am i right

let's make this simple: is there a better way to understand the world around us than scientific inquiry?  does any one religion provide a better way to treat diseases, solve massive engineering problems, feed the planet, or invent new energy sources?  i'd gladly follow that religion.

4 people like this