#1 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

http://m.huffpost.co...009&ir=Religion

Does anyone around here experience this stuff? I've heard some stories regarding Concord schools but not CMS. My son's old charter school played with the line a bit. I think the charter schools being introduced will be full of this stuff.

Some of the new charter schools in NC are going to be in churches and were previously private Christian schools.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

I do not like prayer in school nor do I want biases for OR against religion in school.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

Science is not biased against anyone. It's just science.

If you think that teaching evolution and not teaching creationism is "biased" you don't have a clue how science works.

Science has nothing to say about Jesus, Buddha, or Olivia Newton John's character from "Xanadu".

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

Science also told us there would be no polar ice caps by 2013

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Wow it's like I just say it and it comes true

#6 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,170 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

if science worked like religion scientists would be telling us that they're actually gone and the reason it looks like they're not is because the debil is tricking you

also send money

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Point was, the "science" that you bow down to cannot get things right within 30 years, but you still bow down to it for their "30 million years ago" scenarios.

Not against parts of evolution at all, but also take things with a grain, sometimes a block of salt.

#8 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

My daughter had a substitute who was in for a science class...started to make it a sunday school lesson and debunked any of the science for the day. Very productive!

#9 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

No it didnt.  Quit being intentionally stupid

#10 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

admittedly science was drunk that night.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

No it didnt.  Quit being intentionally stupid

Keep bowing down

http://cnsnews.com/n...-disappear-2013

#12 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,170 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Point was, the "science" that you bow down to cannot get things right within 30 years, but you still bow down to it for their "30 million years ago" scenarios.

Not against parts of evolution at all, but also take things with a grain, sometimes a block of salt.

quit trying to work this ridiculous angle that people worship science or that it needs to be "bowed down to".  they're not analogous and it's clear you're trying to make it seem like the same arguments can tear both down.

statements like this are particularly hilarious when you consider that almost everyone who drives a car, takes medicine, or really participates in modern society at all blindly trusts science in countless ways.  maybe someone living off the grid eating a can of beans in the woods doesn't (or doesn't nearly as much) but i doubt that's what you're doing right now.

did you worry about planes falling out of the sky and crushing you while you drove to work or a gas pipeline exploding and burning you alive today?  lol keep bowing down am i right

let's make this simple: is there a better way to understand the world around us than scientific inquiry?  does any one religion provide a better way to treat diseases, solve massive engineering problems, feed the planet, or invent new energy sources?  i'd gladly follow that religion.

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

When you have to start an argument by stating that someone with a different opinion is:

"bowing down"

or

referring to "your messiah Obama"

you have already lost.

And Science is generally a LOT better at looking at things over a 30 million year period than a 30 year period (something generally called "more data points"). But because, as you've already demonstrated, your knowledge of how science works is limited to it being some kind of religion people "bow down" to, you probably would not be aware of that.

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

After reading this article, I am reminded about how screwed we are as a nation that we can take what was once the most scientifically advanced country on the planet and turn it into a nation of mouth breathers in just a couple of generations

and blame it on black kids who wear their pants too low and their whacky rap music while calling loudly for more people like this teacher to "help us".

#15 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Keep bowing down

http://cnsnews.com/n...-disappear-2013

Oh wow look what one climate scientist said!  Thats like quoting a Westboro Baptist Church leader and saying, "Hey guys look how stupid religion is!"

Youre being intentionally misleading because, I dont know, you share political beliefs with a bunch of idiots so you want to make the other side look bad too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com