Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louisiana public schools teaching Christianity and belittling other religions

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Point was, the "science" that you bow down to cannot get things right within 30 years, but you still bow down to it for their "30 million years ago" scenarios.

Not against parts of evolution at all, but also take things with a grain, sometimes a block of salt.

When you have to start an argument by stating that someone with a different opinion is:

"bowing down"

or

referring to "your messiah Obama"

you have already lost.

And Science is generally a LOT better at looking at things over a 30 million year period than a 30 year period (something generally called "more data points"). But because, as you've already demonstrated, your knowledge of how science works is limited to it being some kind of religion people "bow down" to, you probably would not be aware of that.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

After reading this article, I am reminded about how screwed we are as a nation that we can take what was once the most scientifically advanced country on the planet and turn it into a nation of mouth breathers in just a couple of generations

and blame it on black kids who wear their pants too low and their whacky rap music while calling loudly for more people like this teacher to "help us".

Posted · Report post

Oh wow look what one climate scientist said!  Thats like quoting a Westboro Baptist Church leader and saying, "Hey guys look how stupid religion is!"

Youre being intentionally misleading because, I dont know, you share political beliefs with a bunch of idiots so you want to make the other side look bad too.

Posted · Report post

Needed to come to this thread to remind me just how many people there are walking around out there that are just plain fuging stupid.

Thanks CWG for reminding me just how lame many of you are.

Posted · Report post

quit trying to work this ridiculous angle that people worship science or that it needs to be "bowed down to".  they're not analogous and it's clear you're trying to make it seem like the same arguments can tear both down.

statements like this are particularly hilarious when you consider that almost everyone who drives a car, takes medicine, or really participates in modern society at all blindly trusts science in countless ways.  maybe someone living off the grid eating a can of beans in the woods doesn't (or doesn't nearly as much) but i doubt that's what you're doing right now.

did you worry about planes falling out of the sky and crushing you while you drove to work or a gas pipeline exploding and burning you alive today?  lol keep bowing down am i right

let's make this simple: is there a better way to understand the world around us than scientific inquiry?  does any one religion provide a better way to treat diseases, solve massive engineering problems, feed the planet, or invent new energy sources?  i'd gladly follow that religion.

Well hopefully that man's can of beans was properly sealed, wouldnt want him to contract Botulism.  Or, as stirs might call it, "evil spirits" cause he doesnt bow down to things like "science"

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So now we are bashing science. Lol

Why dont u go toss all those meds u are on if u dont like science especially science in the last 30 years.

That being said evolutionary theory isn't only 30 years old. And its not just an obscure claim by a scientist.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Point was, the "science" that you bow down to cannot get things right within 30 years, but you still bow down to it for their "30 million years ago" scenarios.

Spoken like someone who truly does not understand what science is about.

Bravo!

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Is bowing down to Zod better or worse then bowing down to science?

Posted · Report post

A scientist will go to the mountains and point out the different layers of rock and slate and show you how over millions of years these things came to pass through the natural processes of the earth, verifying it by watching volcanoes and earthquakes that do similar things.

A religious person will tell you god made it that way 7000 years ago.

Thats all you really need to know

Posted · Report post

Is bowing down to Zod better or worse then bowing down to science?

the former is more likely to get you laid. Maybe by me.

Posted · Report post

hmm this is making me question everything

Posted · Report post

I'm not for mandatory prayer in school solely on the basis of separation of church and state. Pretty cut and dry there.

As for teaching theories of evolution and creationism. 

Creationism should be touched on as a theory.  Not in the concept of "God said this, but science says other wise" but more in the vein of This was a theory.

Evolution/Darwinism is by far the most widely accepted theory and what science class should put its focus on.

Religion by and large should be left out of science class. 

1 person likes this