Prediction: Raiders make a go at Hardy.

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#25 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Clowney has good odds IMO to fall to 5....

.worse case for us is he falls to Falcons.  surprised so many people have Texans taking him when they have no QB, but him and Watt coming form the same side would be pretty scary 

#26 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Not really.

Yeah actually. The main difference is that Hardy is younger, hence the almost.

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Way to go out on a limb.

#28 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I watched so many players I didn't think we should keep get locked up and not do much of anything like I thought

Of course now that it's time to make a decision on a player I really would like to see be kept, we might not be able to, partly because of all the players we extended that are a waste of money. Rooting for this team in a nutshell.

#29 General_Purr

General_Purr

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationMilky Way
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

He has said he wants to be on a winning team

Oakland has no chance the next few years in their division

He has said this multiple times

#30 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hardy wants to get paid. The Raiders will pay. FT and give us your 2nd round pick now. Would you rather have Hardy on the Panthers roster for huge $ or a quality WR on a cap friendly Rookie contract? Sent from my SPH-L720 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#31 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationTucson, AZ
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Has anyone here considered maybe hardy likes living in charlotte and playing for rivera? We might not have a huge pocket book this offseason but we still offer tons of other incentives to stay

#32 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• LocationHouston Texas
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

A tag and trade deal here is unlikely for a variety of reason IMHO.  First, why would the Raiders give up a draft pick when, if they don't make this trade, it is likely that Hardy hits the free agency market.  Second, the Raiders would only be guaranteed a contract with Hardy for 1 year at a rather hefty price, when they could use that draft pick and get a player cheap for multiple years.  3rd, due to the above indicators, the Raiders wouldn't offer more than a 3rd.  The Panthers would likely receive a 3rd round compensation pick just for letting him walk.

#33 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Sign Hardy for a song cause he likes Charlotte? Franchise and trade him for the 5th or 37th pick in the draft?

Y'all are probably legitimately depressed, confused, and disappointed when you don't win the Lotto.

#34 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I thought we discussed this ad nauseum.  If we tag him with the exclusive franchise tag my understanding is that we can match any offer and if we don't, the automatic compensation is 2 first rounders.  This compensation is not negotiable and can't be reduced.

Is that the case?  And if so then the tag and trade him for a third or a fifth is not possible.  Who knows the answer to this for sure???

#35 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

I thought we discussed this ad nauseum. If we tag him with the exclusive franchise tag my understanding is that we can match any offer and if we don't, the automatic compensation is 2 first rounders. This compensation is not negotiable and can't be reduced.

Is that the case? And if so then the tag and trade him for a third or a fifth is not possible. Who knows the answer to this for sure???

You can tag and trade for a Payday bar and two tickets to the Blue Man Group if you want to.

The player cannot negotiate with another team if it is an exclusive tag, or the player can negotiate if given a non-exclusive; however, if the other team signs the player with the non-exclusive tag, that team must give up 2 first rounders as compensation.

#36 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

doesnt matter if we tag him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users