• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 ozzy1023

ozzy1023

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

franchise tag. he's not going anywhere next year.

#92 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

If we've already tagged him then he wouldn't be hitting FA so the only way they would get him is by trading us picks for him so you are wrong on that.

We can not afford to pay his tagged salary, so if we tag him, it will be likely that a trade has already been worked out. I don't think you understand the situation clearly.

#93 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

We can not afford to pay his tagged salary, so if we tag him, it will be likely that a trade has already been worked out. I don't think you understand the situation clearly.

No I understand perfectly fine. You just have no clue what you are talking in terms of why or why not things will work. Most people on this board don't understand simple tagging procedures or how the cap works.

#94 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

No I understand perfectly fine. You just have no clue what you are talking in terms of why or why not things will work. Most people on this board don't understand simple tagging procedures or how the cap works.

When I stated:

A tag and trade deal here is unlikely for a variety of reason IMHO. First, why would the Raiders give up a draft pick when, if they don't make this trade, it is likely that Hardy hits the free agency market. Second, the Raiders would only be guaranteed a contract with Hardy for 1 year at a rather hefty price, when they could use that draft pick and get a player cheap for multiple years. 3rd, due to the above indicators, the Raiders wouldn't offer more than a 3rd. The Panthers would likely receive a 3rd round compensation pick just for letting him walk.

Your response was that if we tag him he wouldn't hit the FA market. Well, no Sh*t Sherlock.

Of course if we tag him he won't hit the FA market.  If you are too F'in dense to realize what I meant I will explain it to you like your 5.  The Panthers cannot afford to tag Hardy.  If we do tag Hardy, it would likely be because we had already found a trade partner, like had been discussed with the Raiders.  So, as I stated, why would the Raider make this tag and trade deal with us (prior to us tagging him of course) when he is likely to hit the open market.  Again, because we cannot afford to keep him.

#95 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

When I stated:

A tag and trade deal here is unlikely for a variety of reason IMHO. First, why would the Raiders give up a draft pick when, if they don't make this trade, it is likely that Hardy hits the free agency market. Second, the Raiders would only be guaranteed a contract with Hardy for 1 year at a rather hefty price, when they could use that draft pick and get a player cheap for multiple years. 3rd, due to the above indicators, the Raiders wouldn't offer more than a 3rd. The Panthers would likely receive a 3rd round compensation pick just for letting him walk.

Your response was that if we tag him he wouldn't hit the FA market. Well, no Sh*t Sherlock.

Of course if we tag him he won't hit the FA market. If you are too F'in dense to realize what I meant I will explain it to you like your 5. The Panthers cannot afford to tag Hardy. If we do tag Hardy, it would likely be because we had already found a trade partner, like had been discussed with the Raiders. So, as I stated, why would the Raider make this tag and trade deal with us (prior to us tagging him of course) when he is likely to hit the open market. Again, because we cannot afford to keep him.

Except we can afford it. So your entire premise is full of poo. So you can calm down and not get your panties in a twist

#96 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,227 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

I see the Transition tag being more likely than the Franchise Tag, but I acknowledge the possibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com