Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Cam Newton 2014 Pro-Bowl

Joe Person is reporting some mild drama. Coach Rivera and Pagano agreed to name starters based on the balloting, instead Andrew Luck will start over Cam. It's a bit of a slight but it's just the pro bowl. They are saying Cam and Luck may appear on the field at the same time. They should send Luck out on a route. All we hear about is how he's athletic as Cam.

Better hands than Lafell..... I'm gonna start a petition to get at least one fade in the endzone thrown his way next year.

Crazy thing is, he did it at Auburn.

Joe Person is reporting some mild drama. Coach Rivera and Pagano agreed to name starters based on the balloting, instead Andrew Luck will start over Cam. It's a bit of a slight but it's just the pro bowl. They are saying Cam and Luck may appear on the field at the same time. They should send Luck out on a route. All we hear about is how he's athletic as Cam.

I don't think people understand what it means to be as athletic as Cam. Maybe only two guys can relate, Calvin and Lebron.

I tend to believe that both Cam and the defense is the reason we went 12-4. When looking back, there were times that the defense bailed Cam out and there were moments where Cam bailed out the defense. It was a total team effort. That said, we could end up going 7-9 with just our front seven like The Cardinals but we don't have a Fitzgerald that can aid any average QB.

Doesn't the Texans supposedly have a great D with JJ Waaaatt and a lot of great players on offense and the weakest division in football? I'm not following this great Panther D nonsense when NE was moving the ball with ease on them. We won a lot because the offense controlled the clock and momentum of the game. We were one of the best redzone team in the league and the D was on the sideline for those times. Not that the D didn't play a role.

Just wondering if he is moving back because of Pagano or other reasons.  Hangover from last season?

Then there’s this recent assessment from former 49ers long snapper Brian Jennings regarding Newton’s debut:  “We have Drew Brees with his playbook all week, studying. . . .  We have Cam Newton with his head phones on all week goofing off. . . .  We go into the game, and this guy is chucking the ball all over the place, and everybody is looking around going, ‘What’s this guy doing? Are you kidding?’ . . .  He went in there and stank it up.”

Newton now has a reason to prove Pagano wrong for picking Luck, similar to the way Newton proved people wrong all year long.  And we all now have a reason to watch and see what Luck and Newton can do.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Whitaker240