Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Cam Newton 2014 Pro-Bowl

96 posts in this topic

I agree with your post, except the "W" part. That's more an issue with some media and fans than actual players (I would think). 

That Long Snapper was just stupid. And yes, he may have an axe to grind with Cam for what ever reason; maybe even yours. I'm just saying, it's not an automatic just because he was "W (come on now)", especially as a player. 

U might be right. But the media knows that they will get  players like that kicker to go along with their painting of Cam's image a lot more than with the other players. It's clear to see that Cam gets under the skin of 99.9% of those who share that kicker's image, more so than anyone else. And that may be because everyone else don't see Cam as separate from themselves. They see him as their own son. They understand he is growing and learning and isn't as critical of him as those in the media want them to be. They also understand he's a big kid at heart and his cockiness is simply part of who he is.  

We have got to stop running from the pink elephant that still sits not only in this society but is endlessly used by the media. It is blatantly played out in today's media and we simply rationalize it away. The more we search for other reasons and rationale while avoiding the obvious, the more we make their jobs easy. It's very easy to do what the media is doing with Cam. They doing quite often to certain players in the NFL. The majority of them of Cam's persuasion. 

@FootballAlias I have no problem calling out racism, and/or "W" people when I see it. However, you asking was the Long Snapper "W" is taking it to the extreme. There have been black players and analyst that have criticized Cam (whether right or wrong), and some white ones that have been his biggest supporters. Nonetheless, I think you did yourself and the Long Snapper a disservice with your attempt at guilt by association (unless you know something you're not saying).

1 person likes this

The Texans do have a great D. The difference here is that Houston decided to dial it in after a few injuries and losses. If you think time of possession is why Carolina won 12 games, then you weren't watching our defense at all.

You can't start by saying the Texans had a great D and immediately follow it up up with a reason they only one 2 games. Do you understand that 3 teams in the AFC South are picking top 10 and 2 of them are picking top 5. Wasn't the claim that a good D without Cam would guarantee the team 7 wins? if the Texans couldn't get 7 wins in their crappy division what makes you think we'd get 7 in the NFC. Time of possession was this team's strong point this year. That's a fact. I didn't make it up. In the NFL, if you consistently keep the other team's offense on the sideline by converting 3rd downs you have a great chance of success. This is not new stuff.

You can't start by saying the Texans had a great D and immediately follow it up up with a reason they only one 2 games. Do you understand that 3 teams in the AFC South are picking top 10 and 2 of them are picking top 5. Wasn't the claim that a good D without Cam would guarantee the team 7 wins? if the Texans couldn't get 7 wins in their crappy division what makes you think we'd get 7 in the NFC. Time of possession was this team's strong point this year. That's a fact. I didn't make it up. In the NFL, if you consistently keep the other team's offense on the sideline by converting 3rd downs you have a great chance of success. This is not new stuff.

Good god, you're an idiot. I'm starting to wonder if you even watched a single game.

Good god, you're an idiot. I'm starting to wonder if you even watched a single game.

Great rebuttal.

Cam just ran it in for score bit Prime called a timeout first. Lame.

Cam runs for a TD thanks in large part to Long's great blocking.