Photo
- - - - -

NFC South Lead Writer for Bleacher Report, Knox Bardeen, has tidbits

2014 free agency Jordan Matthews Jared Abbrederis Stanley Jean-Baptiste Bleacher Report Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I really think Jared Abbrederis will still be available in the mid rounds for several reasons.

*Injury history. While i don't think it's anything to be scared about, it will undoubtedly scare some gm's away. He's even pulled out of the senior bowl because of injury.
*Also the amount of wr's coming out. Nearly 20 underclassmen, not to mention the seniors

If we could go

1. Wr
2. Ot
3. Cb

And still get him in the 4th or 5th it'd be a coup. I would literally pass out from unbridled joy

I think he will go higher than 4-5 round. I think he will be gone by the 3rd round.

#47 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I love Abbredaris.

Rock me Abbredaris

#48 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

The Jean-Baptiste guy looked pretty good. His size and range are intriguing for a corner.

#49 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,758 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

The Jean-Baptiste guy looked pretty good. His size and range are intriguing for a corner.

I think he could flourish here. His speed and agility are average, but he's very physical. Scouts are comparing him to Sherman but he could be next Chancellor.

#50 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think he could flourish here. His speed and agility are average, but he's very physical. Scouts are comparing him to Sherman but he could be next Chancellor.

Yeah, I try not to get too worked up when a big guy with skills is spotted at the corner position, especiallyat the pre-draft bowls because I know Sherman is going to be the go-to comparison. If we all want to get in our time machine, Josh Norman was that same guy two years ago at the Senior Bowl IIRC.

But, he showed a lot more closing speed and ability to close on the ball than I expected.

#51 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,048 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Perhaps Victor Cruz 2.0 with a higher ceiling (literally and figuratively)? I'm asking.

I think that's a fair comparison, maybe not quite that dynamic. I'd probably say a more consistent Dwayne Bowe.

#52 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is tidbits like a new STD or something? Sorry to hear he has it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2014 free agency, Jordan Matthews, Jared Abbrederis, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Bleacher Report, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com