#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

S/O to the Dudley alumni right here in Gboro NC.

You from Greensboro too? Many players have come out of Dudley.

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Wait it out and get him udfa hopefully... unless he is absolutely the best available player in the 2nd round

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

LOL, If I'm not mistaken, he was projected as a lottery pick prior to last draft.

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

I question his drive. Of course he's gonna play his hardest in the D-League. He just got kicked from UNC and his draft stock plummeted with everything that went on. He's honestly a douche and a dumbass, and I personally don't think I'd want him on my team.

However, I do think that he can be a solid scorer of the bench in the NBA.

Have any personal experience with him? Seems a bit harsh.

I don't question his drive at all. From everything I've seen, he's very motivated by competition and to win. His performance in the ACC tourney last year showed it. He thrived off of taking over the game.

#19 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

I said the same thing about Dwight Howard, Chris Paul over Felton and MAYonnaise, and Steph Curry when we were within reasonable distance to do so. Any of those picks could've dramatically changed our franchise's course, but we always made the wrong decision.

Every one of those players were taken before our pick. We would've taken Howard had Orlando taken Okafor, we had a trade in place to move up to get Paul but the other team backed out, and Curry went seventh whereas our pick was 12th (Henderson). We didn't make "wrong decisions," we never had a chance at those guys.

As for Hairston, I'd be ok with using our second on him provided no legitimate first rounder falls. As an UDFA he's a no-brainer.

I was quite intrigued by Rice's D-League performance last season - since, one would assume, the talent level would be higher than that of college. But he's yet to make an impact. In fact, he was just sent back to the D-League.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#20 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hairston as mid to late 1st round would be fine by me. I think he moves up the board once he works out at the combine & individual teams

#21 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Every one of those players were taken before our pick. We would've taken Howard had Orlando taken Okafor, we had a trade in place to move up to get Paul but the other team backed out, and Curry went seventh whereas our pick was 12th (Henderson). We didn't make "wrong decisions," we never had a chance at those guys.

As for Hairston, I'd be ok with using our second on him provided no legitimate first rounder falls. As an UDFA he's a no-brainer.

I was quite intrigued by Rice's D-League performance last season - since, one would assume, the talent level would be higher than that of college. But he's yet to make an impact. In fact, he was just sent back to the D-League.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

In all of those situations, as with this one, I said, "do whatever it takes to get him." Yes, I know we were later picking than those players were taken in those situations, but the point was, put a package together to trade up and get them. Wasn't Curry out the year we traded Tyson Chandler for the "dust chip" and more cap-eaters than we sent out? LOL. We did make the wrong decisions. You're telling me no team ahead of the CP3 pick would've traded out for the two lottery picks we had? Which we then drafted two bums with...

In every one of those drafts, I was certain those players were the right guys to take - potential franchise changers. And we stupidly sat where we were and drafted the wrong players. It even was discussed here recently - the Bismack pick over all of those other amazing players that went later. That time we got the trade part right and then blew it with that pick. The jury is still out on Kemba.

Im convinced PJ will be a lottery pick. IIRC, he was projected so last draft, but he stayed instead. So, with comments like Roy made this year and if he keeps play in like he is now, I don't see how he drops out of the first.

#22 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

You from Greensboro too? Many players have come out of Dudley.

Yea man, I played for them. Wasn't as good as they were though haha. Got a State Championship from football even though I never stepped foot on the field.

#23 Buzz

Buzz

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'm in, draft him.  I think he goes mid to late first, but if he is there with our first pick, and our pick is in that range, go for it.

#24 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,472 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

I don't question his drive at all. From everything I've seen, he's very motivated by competition and to win. His performance in the ACC tourney last year showed it. He thrived off of taking over the game.

Yeah, this is all based on personal interactions. Granted, he never seemed to disappear from games JMM style at all last season, so I could be wrong on the drive part. But I can just see him getting caught up in everything once he makes it to the NBA, which was obviously his end goal all along.

#25 Whitaker 24

Whitaker 24

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

Speaking of drafts anyone have a annual list of the who the bobcats drafted?

#26 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,300 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Speaking of drafts anyone have a annual list of the who the bobcats drafted?

Try not to vomit looking at it...

http://en.wikipedia....s_draft_history

#27 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

BACK TO THE BUZZ

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Hairston as mid to late 1st round would be fine by me. I think he moves up the board once he works out at the combine & individual teams

too big of a risk to take him there. The earliest I would take him is with the pick we will get from portland deeeep in the first. We better not take him earlier than that its too risky

#28 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,803 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I do, I'm not going to talk poo about someone or defame them on the internet but unless getting kicked off the team had a major impact on his character....OP's comments seem spot on. 

I'll give him this though. He is mother fuging crazy talented. would take him in the 2nd round or late first if available. 

#29 Whitaker 24

Whitaker 24

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Try not to vomit looking at it...

http://en.wikipedia....s_draft_history

Isn't that the truth no wonder the cats have been bad.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

I do, I'm not going to talk poo about someone or defame them on the internet but unless getting kicked off the team had a major impact on his character....OP's comments seem spot on.

I'll give him this though. He is mother fuging crazy talented. would take him in the 2nd round or late first if available.

I get not wanting to slander someone on the internet, but if he acted like a douche, im pretty sure he knows he acted like a douche, lol. Im just curious as to what he was doing that gave you and SIOS such a strong, negative impression of him.

In my time on campus, I had classes with Ed Davis, Justin Watts, Tyler Zeller, Larry Drew, and many others. I'd see Harrison Barnes regularly as we were walking to classes and sometimes in Lenoir... same with John Henson. I balled with Melvin Scott and CJ Hooker at Woolen (and got their respect lol). And I played against Daniel "the yellow mamba" Bolick in JUCO while he was on the JV, and then had a class with him once I transferred in. From a cursory glance, all of them were cool, A-1ok dudes. Actually very affable and just regular guys.

So, for Hairston to stand out as such an a-hole after I spent almost 7 years on campus between my wife and I, and never had an experience like that... it's interesting. Then again, some of the best tend to have that a-hole, can't-ever-turn-it-off, "I'm the best" personality. And throughout history, you'd be hard pressed to find a basketball player in our program that got in more legal trouble. I think it's just part of that edginess.

Also, id link to it but its too much work on my phone, but google hairston and nba draft. Two different writers from ESPN and NBA.com are already saying he's going to make history and be the first, first-round pick out of the d-league. And I have to correct myself... Roy said he was possibly the best perimeter player he's ever seen PERIOD, in all of his coaching years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users