Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Huddle mock offseason trading thread

87 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I said great year, not "really good" and its not ur decision who I trade its mine.

1800+ yards and 12 TD's in 13 games, and 1600+ yards and 17 TD's don't constitute great seasons?  Thank goodness you aren't a real GM, you would probably try and get rid of AP in his prime.

And its the rules that state that you cannot trade core players unless there is a very good reason.  With Ben Tate a free agent, and likely a new QB going to be starting next year, I would typically classify a guy, who is almost guaranteed to go over 1000 yards on the ground and add another few hundred through the air, would be considered a core guy.

If you want to take the only consistant threat you have on your offense(other than an aging Andre Johnson) and trade him away thats your deal, but the rules say no trading core players.

Posted · Report post

This is what I don't get... They already barely utilize their very good running back in Murray, why would they bring in another guy to steal his carries

While its not necessary to defend any moves made or not made. In this "mock" offseason it would seem the aquisition of talent is the key. Murray and Foster both have injury concerns. The Cowboys are documented as having RB as a need going into the offseason. With both guys splitting carries it would stand to reason that with a tandom it could reduce injury risk while maintaining interchangable RBs. Foster is a good pass catcher and a game changer when healthy. Why not have more playmakers?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

1800+ yards and 12 TD's in 13 games, and 1600+ yards and 17 TD's don't constitute great seasons?  Thank goodness you aren't a real GM, you would probably try and get rid of AP in his prime.

And its the rules that state that you cannot trade core players unless there is a very good reason.  With Ben Tate a free agent, and likely a new QB going to be starting next year, I would typically classify a guy, who is almost guaranteed to go over 1000 yards on the ground and add another few hundred through the air, would be considered a core guy.

If you want to take the only consistant threat you have on your offense(other than an aging Andre Johnson) and trade him away thats your deal, but the rules say no trading core players.

i don't like injury prone guys why don't u worry about urself and let me run my team u have no idea what i have planned so just wait nd see

Posted · Report post

i don't like injury prone guys why don't u worry about urself and let me run my team u have no idea what i have planned so just wait nd see

Over the past 4 seasons he has played 53/64 games, hardly injury prone.

Posted · Report post

Over the past 4 seasons he has played 53/64 games, hardly injury prone.

I don't need to explain myself to you just fall back and worry about yourself

Posted · Report post

Yeah, this trade should not go through.

Still have not seen a legit reason and rule says, no trading of core players...

Posted · Report post

Yeah, this trade should not go through.

Still have not seen a legit reason and rule says, no trading of core players...

worry about yourself

Posted · Report post

worry about yourself

lol. It's supposed to be an interactive mock offseason/draft. This won't be fun if they are random dumb trades.

Plus the fact that you can't provide a legit reason, speaks loudly enough for itself.

Posted · Report post

trading is not allowed until Sat at 12:00 pm. but then we GMs will vote on to veto that trade or not. trading talks/ discussions should be thru PMs only right now.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Packers are currently shopping CB Tramon Williams
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lol. It's supposed to be an interactive mock offseason/draft. This won't be fun if they are random dumb trades.

Plus the fact that you can't provide a legit reason, speaks loudly enough for itself.

actually i have posted and ltowncat has posted reasons supporting the trade so calm down whodie...

and please refer to the link the guy posted above this it helps my case