NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has listed the Top 3 Needs for each team entering this year's draft.
After reading countless threads here in the Huddle about what we all think our needs are it is safe to assume we all want to upgrade our WR, OL, and CB positions. Sometimes the conversations are heated and shots are fired back and forth. I love it. Because it means we have some passionate, die-hard fans who want nothing but the best for our team.
So for what it's worth, based on Mr. Jeremiah's list, here are how many teams have the same needs as ours and our chances of getting one of these coveted positons by the 28th pick.
We are targeting a WR there are 6 other teams who list WR as a top 3 need before us:
1. Oakland Raiders - They need a QB so no fear here.
2. Detroit Lions - With Megatron I don't see it happening in the 1st
3. St. Louis Rams - They have the same top 2 needs as we do (OT, WR) here is where we could miss out on the WR of choice. But I really think they will go O-Line first.
4. Baltimore Ravens - They have glaring needs at OL and will probably pass at WR in the 1st
5. NY Jets - If St. Louis doesn't pull the trigger the Jets probably will. Unless they have lost total confidence in Gino Smith and go hunting another QB. Hey it's Rex Ryan...he might draft a donut.
6. Kansas City Chiefs - Outside of Bowe they are hurting (much like us with Smitty) McCluster is ok but hey so is Ginn.
We are targeting a CB there are 9 other teams who list CB as a top 3 need before us:
1. Detroit Lions
2. NY Giants
3. Pittsburg Steelers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. NY Jets
6. Arizona Cardinals
7. Philadelphia Eagles
8. Cincinnati Bengals
9. San Diego Chargers
**I am 5 Coor Light's deep and don't have the mental capacity to go into each one in depth. Suffice is to say...our 1st and probably 2nd choice won't be available here.**
We are targeting an OL there are A LOT of teams doing the same before us:
Genral OL (the whole line needs help I assume, much like us)
1. St. Louis Rams
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. NY Giants
4. St. Louis Rams
5. Chicago Bears
1. Cleveland Browns
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. NY Jets
4. Miami Dolphins
5. San Diego Chargers
6. Cleveland Browns
1. Houston Texans
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Tampa Bay Bucaneers
5. Buffalo Bills (RT specifically)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers
7. Baltimore Ravens
8. Miami Dolphins
9. Arizona Cardinals
10. New Orleans Saints - OT is their first need listed. If they grab who we want then that's more fuel to hate them.
**6th Coors Light
All in all, it will be interesting to see which direction we go. I am no expert and leave the analysis to you Huddle. I think Mr. Jeremiah's Top 3 are pretty solid for each team.
** This is my first post in the main forum (after 2 years) so please....go easy on me. KEEP POUNDING!