266 replies to this topic

#181 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:30 AM

I'll have to think about that while driving down my "collectivist" and "utopian socalist" road system to work.

#182 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Maybe I am naive but I think Obama's defense of Gates was pretty much because they are friends, not because the cop was white or Obama is a racist. But he shouldn't have said anything at all in the manner he did (friends at the watercooler mode).

#183 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

I don't mind a president sticking up for his friends and not worrying about the polls.

It beats having your friends apologize to you after you just shot them in the face.

#184 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,952 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

I don't mind a president sticking up for his friends and not worrying about the polls.

It beats having your friends apologize to you after you just shot them in the face.

:lol::lol::lol:

Holy crap. Awesome post... I must admit.

#185 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

I disagree 100%. I think if your friend is wrong or you don't have all the facts (as he admitted was the case) it is a pure unadulterated and blatant example of cronyism to speak that way of a local incident in the forum he did. Yes it is human to want to stick up for your friend, no doubt. I don't mind that it was his impulse to do so. I think everyone would do the same. Yes politics is about 99% cronyism, I am not denying that either. But the leader of the country can't talk that way. He must do & say what is right first in that forum. The fact he didn't show the judgment to do that in that case is scary to me if he doesn't learn from it.

#186 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

i'd answer that by sending it back to you. what is the line for mouthing off to a cop? what should they let go, and what is justifiable to arrest someone? is it volume, specific words, attitude? what speech constitutes a crime?

my personal opinion is that the line is exactly where it is drawn out in the constitution.

This is the exact same question that I asked you in the other thread Rodeo and you never answered me. What is your opinion of what should have transpired in this situation. If you were the cop and Gates was screaming at you, calling you a racist and followed you back out towards your vehicle as you were trying to leave, what would you have done?

Good point about the shooting thing... that was dumb... but...

As I've been saying all along it's not the "defending his friend" part that bothers me... it's the fact that he is the President of the United States, and the leader of our country. He shouldn't forget his friends, but he should also not put himself in a position to be critical of those he is supposed to be leading without all of the facts.
If he has documentation in front of him that, yes the cops are at fault on something... by all means, say what has to be said, but he insulted their integrity with no knowledge of the situation at all.

#187 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

blah blah blah

If he threw his friend under the bus you would have condemned him for that.

He can't win in trying to please the right, so why bother.

#188 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

Wrong in my case. He could have won by not commenting on a local issue in that forum about which he admitted that he didn't have all the facts. It's the only way to handle such a thing in his position, IMO.

#189 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

blah blah blah

I agree, and I believe he should resign, effective immediately.

/thread

/tinderbox

#190 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

lol

#191 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

blah blah blah

Damn Zod you are an Obama homer, if he can't do anything to please the right, he sure as hell can't do anything to draw one cent of criticism from you... and who is the right? I'm not.

I didn't say I think he should throw his friend under the bus, I said he ought to use those brains of his that you libs always brag about and say NOTHING about it until he knew the facts.

I don't hate him, I don't like him much either, and I think he's way too far left, but I've given him and will continue to give him a fair chance and unlike a lot of people, I certainly don't hope he fails because this is my country we're talking about.

#192 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

This is the exact same question that I asked you in the other thread Rodeo and you never answered me. What is your opinion of what should have transpired in this situation. If you were the cop and Gates was screaming at you, calling you a racist and followed you back out towards your vehicle as you were trying to leave, what would you have done?

left

#193 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Damn Zod you are an Obama homer, if he can't do anything to please the right, he sure as hell can't do anything to draw one cent of criticism from you... and who is the right? I'm not.

I didn't say I think he should throw his friend under the bus, I said he ought to use those brains of his that you libs always brag about and say NOTHING about it until he knew the facts.

I don't hate him, I don't like him much either, and I think he's way too far left, but I've given him and will continue to give him a fair chance and unlike a lot of people, I certainly don't hope he fails because this is my country we're talking about.

It's not OUR country? That's what the commercial says.

#194 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

left

Bingo

Cop = not too bright

#195 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:20 AM

Wow. From the majority of posts I have read on here, our younger generation scares the crap out of me.

For the most part, they seem like a group who want to sit around the house, smoking pot, telling the police to go fug themselves, while someone else pays for their mortgage/rent/healthcare.

Bodes well for the future of our country and our economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.