Greg Hardy Knox Bardeen Bleacher Report Dave Gettleman Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#37 Thompcat

Thompcat

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

It's a fine line between being strapped to a position ( like our RB )and getting consistent production that justifies the price. I like Hardy but I don't want to be put in position that we don't have options of other key positions of need.

#38 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

If we lose Hardy, get ready boys because our first round pick won't be WR.

#39 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSC
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

I'd like to resign Hardy but not if it's going to hurt us financially...

#40 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Welcome to Bleacher Report

Sent from my LGMS769 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Welcome to Carolina Huddle.

#41 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

If we lose Hardy, get ready boys because our first round pick won't be WR.

can't wait to see the responses from the posters on this board who would start 10 WRs and cam on offense if they could

#42 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

It sucks that the previous GM got emotional and signed mediocre players to huge contracts (Godfrey, Stewart) that are cap-strapping this team.  Hardy is a legit building block to a top 3 defense and now the Panthers have to let him walk.  Make no mistake, Gettleman already told us he's letting him walk.  "There's isn't a team out there that hasn't let a big dog walk out the door.  We are cap challenged."  Why the hell would Gettleman say that unless he was preparing the fans for Hardy to leave.  Cmon guys, who is that delusional?  He's not coming back.

#43 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• LocationSan Diego
SUPPORTER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

It sucks that the previous GM got emotional and signed mediocre players to huge contracts (Godfrey, Stewart) that are cap-strapping this team. Hardy is a legit building block to a top 3 defense and now the Panthers have to let him walk. Make no mistake, Gettleman already told us he's letting him walk. "There's isn't a team out there that hasn't let a big dog walk out the door. We are cap challenged." Why the hell would Gettleman say that unless he was preparing the fans for Hardy to leave. Cmon guys, who is that delusional? He's not coming back.

He was obviously talking about Hixon...

#44 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

not saying he wasnt disruptive or influential in pretty much every game, but we all know the sack numbers are kinda a joke considering almost half came in two games and i think he had more games without a sack than with.  not discrediting him for his efforts throughout the season, he is great for us and is very disruptive, but going solely on sacks, then he wont be worth what he is expecting.  at least not for a team that has this many holes and free agents to sign with very limited cap space.

#45 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

BPA

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
SUPPORTER

It sucks that the previous GM got emotional and signed mediocre players to huge contracts (Godfrey, Stewart) that are cap-strapping this team.  Hardy is a legit building block to a top 3 defense and now the Panthers have to let him walk.  Make no mistake, Gettleman already told us he's letting him walk.  "There's isn't a team out there that hasn't let a big dog walk out the door.  We are cap challenged."  Why the hell would Gettleman say that unless he was preparing the fans for Hardy to leave.  Cmon guys, who is that delusional?  He's not coming back.

smkscrn?

#46 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

lol No we don't. We give him a fair deal. If he rejects it, he's not coming back. Simple as that.

#47 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Meh, tough call. The better teams in the league know when to hold them and know when to fold them. Hurney gambled like a drunk teenager in Vegas with his dad's credit card. Gettleman has to take a more tactful approach and longterm focus which I think he is doing. He won't sign Hardy if it doesn't make sense for his team building plan.

Her* dad's

#48 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

• LocationTre 4
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Would like Hardy back, but if were not able to then so be it. We'll be okay, and our def might take a little step back but we'll be fine. With Rivera as our coach, I know our def will be ok. I've already accepted that he's probably gone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greg Hardy, Knox Bardeen, Bleacher Report, Dave Gettleman, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users