Photo
- - - - -

WR Prospects: Who do you like?

Carolina Panthers Jordan Matthews Odell Beckham Jr. Allen Robinson Wide Receiver Brandin Cooks

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: WR Preference (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your favorite WR outside the top 4?

1. Voted Jordan Matthews (45 votes [30.20%])

Percentage of vote: 30.20%

2. Odell Beckham Jr. (26 votes [17.45%])

Percentage of vote: 17.45%

3. Allen Robinson (24 votes [16.11%])

Percentage of vote: 16.11%

4. Brandin Cooks (17 votes [11.41%])

Percentage of vote: 11.41%

5. Davante Adams (9 votes [6.04%])

Percentage of vote: 6.04%

6. Jarvis Landry (15 votes [10.07%])

Percentage of vote: 10.07%

7. Paul Richardson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Other (Specify) (13 votes [8.72%])

Percentage of vote: 8.72%

9. Cody Latimer (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

isnt it amusing how people take this self appointed pedestal of "elite knowledge" when they say we need a TE over a WR?

lol we have one of the worst recieving corps in the league and a top 7 TE and people act like theyve stumbled across some hidden knowledge that is unbeknownst to the general populace except you've got every wannabe smart guy GM on this board proclaiming it because we all know here at the huddle "BPA=safest player available" at draft time.

"but but but teh shockey packages =(((("

Couldn't agree more!!!! The clambering for Ebron or ASJ is understandable but not realistic, looking at how gettleman built the giants he started inside out on both sides of the ball, he's lucky enough to have DEs in place here so needed just DT .
I'm inclined to think if all the top tier receivers are gone we will go tackle possibly twice and although that may upset people look at the facts guys byron bell RT nope! jordan gross LT needs a replacement yup! As I said its deep at tackle and unless something falls to us I expect us to go tackle twice and a receiver in the first three rounds just on basic essential need and how gettleman likes to build, but that's just my guesswork lol.

#32 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Give me ASJ in the first, Devante Adams in the second. 

#33 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

If Beckham is the guy, I hope they don't wait until the second round to get him.  I doubt he lasts, and will probably be gone before we pick in the 2nd.  Get him in the first.  Beckham in the first, OL in the second, and possibly Moncrief in the 3rd.  Man, I'd love that draft.

#34 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Beckham would be a great second round pick.

why not a 1st? everything im seeing has him graded as a late 1st rounder. look at the impact that Patterson had on a Vikings team, they are very comparable players in style with Odell being a better route runner, and having better hands.

#35 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,993 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Can we leave the UNC and TE talk out of a simple WR poll thread? That'd be great.    :thumbsu:

And disclaimer: I'm just asking who you like the most at the position, not if you want them at #28.  Just trying to encourage football talk about the prospects themselves and not about what we think is the best strategy given our draft position.  

#36 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

isnt it amusing how people take this self appointed pedestal of "elite knowledge" when they say we need a TE over a WR?

lol we have one of the worst recieving corps in the league and a top 7 TE and people act like theyve stumbled across some hidden knowledge that is unbeknownst to the general populace except you've got every wannabe smart guy GM on this board proclaiming it because we all know here at the huddle "BPA=safest player available" at draft time.

"but but but teh shockey packages =(((("

Newsflash O'Wise One- We likely would have taken Eifert last year if Star wasn't available. RR has emphasized the TE since his first presser. Not to mention it's a new NFL and there are logical reasons why a likely available TE would be the best pick at #28.

#37 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,993 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wide Receivers people.  

Anyways, OBJ, Robinson, and Matthews are in close running in my book.  I don't have a clear cut favorite but am leaning toward Beckham at the moment.  He plays like he's 6'3 and is aggressive with the deep balls.  

#38 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

why not a 1st? everything im seeing has him graded as a late 1st rounder. look at the impact that Patterson had on a Vikings team, they are very comparable players in style with Odell being a better route runner, and having better hands.

I wouldn't mind at all but with this draft being so stacked, I see quite a few first round prospects falling into the second round.

#39 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

I want Odell Beckham

#40 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

I dont believe at all that Watkins, Evans, Lee & Benjamin will all be gone by #28 (I want Lee/Benjamin) but I like Beckham the most out of the other WRs. Getting Beckham/Landry combination would be awesome.

#41 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,127 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Stud TE in the first....Jarvis Landry in the second.

#42 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,633 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Brandon Coleman in the 4th round. Big, tall and fast. Could've stayed another year at Rutgers but he's raw. Reminds me of a more athletic Plaxico Burress.

#43 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,704 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Out of these guys probably Jordan Matthews. But the receiving option I like best in this draft is ASJ.

#44 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

OBJ for me, dude just looks so good on tape all around.

#45 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,324 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Unless we go  OL or TE with our first pick in the draft, Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State,may be the best WR still on the board when we pick at # 28.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Jordan Matthews, Odell Beckham Jr., Allen Robinson, Wide Receiver, Brandin Cooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com