Photo
- - - - -

WR Prospects: Who do you like?

Carolina Panthers Jordan Matthews Odell Beckham Jr. Allen Robinson Wide Receiver Brandin Cooks

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: WR Preference (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your favorite WR outside the top 4?

1. Voted Jordan Matthews (45 votes [30.20%])

Percentage of vote: 30.20%

2. Odell Beckham Jr. (26 votes [17.45%])

Percentage of vote: 17.45%

3. Allen Robinson (24 votes [16.11%])

Percentage of vote: 16.11%

4. Brandin Cooks (17 votes [11.41%])

Percentage of vote: 11.41%

5. Davante Adams (9 votes [6.04%])

Percentage of vote: 6.04%

6. Jarvis Landry (15 votes [10.07%])

Percentage of vote: 10.07%

7. Paul Richardson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Other (Specify) (13 votes [8.72%])

Percentage of vote: 8.72%

9. Cody Latimer (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

The more I think about the WRs this yeah, the better I feel about them.  I have a feeling about Jordan Matthews, and if he's around in the 2nd, I think he could be a great value pick.  There are a lot of different feelings about him, but I'll just leave it at, I have a hunch about him.  As far as Beckham, Cooks, ect....  They are all super interesting.  AT this point, I'd like to see them all catch balls from Cam frankly lol.

As far as the rest, holy mackerel!  There is so much variety, so many good players, so much potential (the dangerous word!).  I'm really excited about this group of WRs, and I'm pretty sure the Panthers can get a good one or two this year.  Heck, I think everyone in the NFL can get some good guys this year.  Sheesh.  What a terrible problem right? 

#77 PerCC

PerCC

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationBoone/Charlotte, NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Very excited for this WR crop this year. I really would like to see us double dip at WR like we did at DT last year. Imagine if we could get Allen Robinson in the first and Jordan Matthews in the second.

I'd love to see us double dip at WR if it makes sense for the value, but probably for a different reason.

This class is deep, everyone knows that, but not every prospect will be a star. In fact, not all of them will even be good. While 1st round picks usually end up as solid players, it's not a given. We will also most likely be picking the 4th or 5th receiver, which will already lessens our chance of finding a star. I think if we double dip on WR, then at least one of them could grab the reins of the #1 WR spot. 

#78 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,845 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Of the highlights I've watched so far, Allen Robinson left me with the most positive feelings.

I won't claim to have scouted every single option yet, though.

#79 Tyler Callaway

Tyler Callaway

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

I'd love to see us double dip at WR if it makes sense for the value, but probably for a different reason.

This class is deep, everyone knows that, but not every prospect will be a star. In fact, not all of them will even be good. While 1st round picks usually end up as solid players, it's not a given. We will also most likely be picking the 4th or 5th receiver, which will already lessens our chance of finding a star. I think if we double dip on WR, then at least one of them could grab the reins of the #1 WR spot. 

Yeah but if the 4th and 5th are Beckham and Matthews, in my opinion we got our future number 1.

#80 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

I hate him but....

Martavias Bryant. 6 foot 5, 200 lbs, 4.3ish 40 speed?

Wildly inconsistent at Clemson but he would be worth a 5th or 6th round pick. Let him develop for a year and could be a diamond.....or he could just be the ideal physical specimen that isn't really that good at WR and all it cost was a late round draft pick

#81 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I like Cody Latimer as a developmental prospect who has the potential to be great. Also, why no love for Paul Richardson? Dude is legit. If he's there in the 3rd I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

#82 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Cody Latimer may well be worth a pick in the fifth round. Same measureables if not bigger than Sammy Watkins has bags of potential and a late pick will allow other needs to be filled.

#83 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

My list goes (after Kelvin and Evans of course)

1. Robinson

2. Adams

3. Matthews

4. Landry

But let's see what they run in the 40'.

#84 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,333 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Those familiar with Lockett and Baldwin from The Seahawks should look at Enunwa. This kid is so damn physical against defenders. I think he could be Boldin-lite.

12 TDs with a crappy QB.

#85 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Those familiar with Lockett and Baldwin from The Seahawks should look at Enunwa. This kid is so damn physical against defenders. I think he could be Boldin-lite.

12 TDs with a crappy QB.

This WR class rocks.  We better get at least one of them.  

#86 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

all of them, no joke. 

#87 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,044 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Very excited for this WR crop this year. I really would like to see us double dip at WR like we did at DT last year. Imagine if we could get Allen Robinson in the first and Jordan Matthews in the second.

And with no RT and likely no Gross, Cam will have a total of 1sec to find those WR's.

If Gross retires, OT us the biggest need on this team....raven over WR.

#88 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Changing my vote to Herron (other).

#89 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Cooks and Landry are my current favorites

#90 stinger14

stinger14

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham
Allen Robinson
Martavias Bryant

If there in the late rounds, I think Campanaro from Wake Forest can become a slot in the NFL and pattern his game like Wes Welker. He just ran a 4.45 at the combine, a little faster than I thought

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Jordan Matthews, Odell Beckham Jr., Allen Robinson, Wide Receiver, Brandin Cooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.