Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!

PJ or Rodney ?

169 posts in this topic

I name 10 players that did contribute as freshman and at

least 6 were expected to.

JMM was the 6th man his freshman year.

Henson was getting 16.0 min. before Davis went down.

I can keep going but in the end You said this

"Not to many Freshman go to Chapel Hill and are expected to contribute "

Which again is wrong because some are asked to start or at least be the 1st man off the bench.

So your point is that PJ didnt get much playing time his freshman year (when he played 13 min/ game)

And then you use Henson (16 min) and JMM (15 min) as examples of freshman who played a lot?  They were used in almost the exact same way. 

1 person likes this

Surprised to see this thread still going. Hood is the better player and comes with less baggage, which is why this debate makes no sense anyway. Hood will probably be picked in the 8-14 range while PJ will go late first round or early second round. It will never be a choice between these two.

Surprised to see this thread still going. Hood is the better player and comes with less baggage, which is why this debate makes no sense anyway. Hood will probably be picked in the 8-14 range while PJ will go late first round or early second round. It will never be a choice between these two.

Well thanks for settling that.....

But....

The debate isn't who is the better player, it's (supposed to be) about which player is better for the Hornets. Which means you have to take into consideration where the Hornets will be drafting and which other players will be available when they're drafting in that position.

Anyone who says Hood is a better fit in Charlotte is a moron.

We already have 2 SFs better than him. We need a scoring SG.

1 person likes this

Anyone who says Hood is a better fit in Charlotte is a moron.

We already have 2 SFs better than him. We need a scoring SG.

He can play both as can PJ.

If we could get PJ with the Portland pick that would be swell. I don't really have an opinion on Hood, but I don't think we'll have a pick in a position to get him.

Bump.

It seems young superstar Rodney Hood is struggling now that Duke is no longer playing cupcakes & is in the heart of the ACC schedule.

First 16 games:

18.6 pts (52%), 4.7 reb, 1.9 ast, 2.1 turnovers

Last 10 games:

12.4 pts (40%), 3.5 reb, 2 ast, 2.6 turnovers

Bump.

It seems young superstar Rodney Hood is struggling now that Duke is no longer playing cupcakes & is in the heart of the ACC schedule.

First 16 games:

18.6 pts (52%), 4.7 reb, 1.9 ast, 2.1 turnovers

Last 10 games:

12.4 pts (40%), 3.5 reb, 2 ast, 2.6 turnovers

So...there's NO WAY PJ would be scoring 12 points a game if he played in the ACC.   I mean, that's like four whole 3-pointers

per game averages:

Hairston (So): 23 minutes, 15 pts, 4 reb

Hood (RS So): 32 minutes, 16 pts, 4 reb

So...there's NO WAY PJ would be scoring 12 points a game if he played in the ACC. I mean, that's like four whole 3-pointers

I stop arguing a while back. I think both would be great addition to this team next year.

Per 40:

Hairston (So): 25 pts, 7 reb

Hood (RS So): 20 pts, 5 reb

I've never said anything bad about Hood.  I don't know enough about him.  But....I'm walking out the door in 30 minutes to go see him play tonight