168 replies to this topic

#61 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Then you obviously didn't watch a lot of college ball...

Most of those players were the best players on their college team... there's also a handful of guards/forwards (in that list) that had better stats in college than your boy Rodney Hood.

I'm not saying Hood won't be a good pro but Hairston is built to be an NBA player.

He has the body, the attitude, the game, and the desire to be "the guy". There are not many players that have those four things lined up like that... (Jabari Parker is one of those guys that has those four traits that will make him a really good player.

Hood could be just as good. You're letting your UNC basis show. No way right now can you say 1 has more potential then the other.
I think PJ could be great for this team but I also see a great fit with Hood as well.

#62 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Most of those players were the best players on their college team... there's also a handful of guards/forwards (in that list) that had better stats in college than your boy Rodney Hood.

I'm not saying Hood won't be a good pro but Hairston is built to be an NBA player.

He has the body, the attitude, the game, and the desire to be "the guy". There are not many players that have those four things lined up like that... (Jabari Parker is one of those guys that has those four traits that will make him a really good player.

Son I watch a ton of college basketball and there is a reason I hadn't heard of those guys and there is a reason that those guys were drafted in the 2nd round or not at all.

#63 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

#64 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Again who's fault is that?

Whose fault it is doesn't change that it's a fact and a reason why you can't get a true comparison by looking at their stats.  

#65 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hood could be just as good. You're letting your UNC basis show. No way right now can you say 1 has more potential then the other.
I think PJ could be great for this team but I also see a great fit with Hood as well.

I have no bias... P.J. is not a Tar Heel and I'm one of the few that actually can separate college ball from the pros... that's why I lobbied for Henderson over Terrence Williams on this board when everyone else said that Williams would be the better play... they were wrong.

I just see Hairston as a better player.

I think he has a great body for the shooting guard position... there will be no one that can move him when he posts up. He can attack the rim and shoot outside... He's better defensively than he is given credit for and most importantly he shows that desire to "want" to take over games.

There are only a handful of current college players that have that characteristic... Jabari Parker and Gary Harris being the most obvious.

#66 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Son I watch a ton of college basketball and there is a reason I hadn't heard of those guys and there is a reason that those guys were drafted in the 2nd round or not at all.

Weird, I recall one of those players being drafted before your boy Gerald Henderson.

#67 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Whose fault it is doesn't change that it's a fact and a reason why you can't get a true comparison by looking at their stats.

Exactly but you can't sit here and ignore the fact his coaches didn't trust him or he wasn't ready to contribute his freshman year or both. And the fact Hood was.

#68 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I have no bias... P.J. is not a Tar Heel and I'm one of the few that actually can separate college ball from the pros... that's why I lobbied for Henderson over Terrence Williams on this board when everyone else said that Williams would be the better play... they were wrong.

I just see Hairston as a better player.

I think he has a great body for the shooting guard position... there will be no one that can move him when he posts up. He can attack the rim and shoot outside... He's better defensively than he is given credit for and most importantly he shows that desire to "want" to take over games.

There are only a handful of current college players that have that characteristic... Jabari Parker and Gary Harris being the most obvious.

And i've seen the same ability in Hood.

And while PJ's big frame does help him over the avg. Nba SG.

Hoods length gives him the same advantage. You're making a lot of opinions on PJ that can be said about Hood as well.

#69 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Weird, I recall one of those players being drafted before your boy Gerald Henderson.

And my boy Gerald had never been sent down to the D-league.

#70 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Exactly but you can't sit here and ignore the fact his coaches didn't trust him or he wasn't ready to contribute his freshman year or both. And the fact Hood was.

Not too many freshmen go to Chapel Hill and are expected to be key contributors. I'm sure it's a completely different story for a star recruit at Mississippi State.  It has nothing to do with trust from the coaches.  It has everything to do with talent on the teams.  The Heels were one Kendall Marshall injury away from being in the Final Four when PJ was a freshman.  

The point you're trying to make is way off.....

#71 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

That's completely inaccurate... and something that was made up by moronic NCSU fans.

Everyone that know's anything about Carolina basketball know's that Roy has always preferred a traditional PG-SG-SF-PF-C line up and didn't adjust his thinking until last year when he was forced to play a guard heavy lineup with JMM at the five and Reggie Fricken Bullock at the four.

#72 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Doesn't mean that at one point that those players were considered NBA caliber players based on their college production... something that you are adamantly denying; which turns out to be quite accurate.

#73 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

D-League teams would beat any college team in a best of three series.  

#74 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

He plays for the LOLcats, don't act like he contributes to a real NBA team.

Once the team is ready to start winning he will be replaced.

#75 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

And i've seen the same ability in Hood.

And while PJ's big frame does help him over the avg. Nba SG.

Hoods length gives him the same advantage. You're making a lot of opinions on PJ that can be said about Hood as well.

I've not seen Hood once try to take over a game... it might not help that he has Parker (who is the go to guy) on his team but let's not be naive and actually believe that Hood would be averaging 17 points per game if Parker wasn't taking a lot of focus off of him. 

Last year Carolina had no one to take the focus off of Hairston, Hairston was to UNC what Parker is to Duke and he played really well.

I see you mentioning stats quite a bit and I'd like to inform you that stats aren't even half of the equation. I used to record stats for a college football team and the only reason that they were even required is because the conference likes to use them when deciding all-conference teams.

For instance: Player A shoots: 51%... Player B: shoots 49%... what you don't know is that Player B averages 4 more shots per game than Player B because he is the go-to-guy giving him the lower number due to more shots taken .

For Example: Marco Belinelli shoots 50% and Arron Afflalo shoots 47%... However, Afflalo averages five more shots per game than Belinelli increasing the likelihood that his shooting percentage will be lower due to the amount of shots taken creating more opportunities to miss. Would you want Belinelli over Afflalo? I think not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users