Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feldman of CBS Sports "Leery" of Boom-or-Bust Benjamin per rotoworld

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've been saying this about Benjamin.  The system they run helps make him look good, not to mention, having someone like Jameis Winston throwing you the ball makes you look better than you are.  On the flip side, this is the same reason I like Jordan Matthews.  1400 yards against SEC defenses playing for VANDY...are you kidding?  Add that he's got the pedegree and the work ethic, and that's the kind of guy I'd love at #28.

.....matthews again drops alot of balls and half of his passes are screens. He doesn't have the upside of benjamin nor the freakish athletic ability struggled to separate at senior bowl as well. Playing in the sec means nothing if ur the only wr your team has and you throw him a billion screen passes.

Posted · Report post

I've been souring a bit on KB, poor hands, sluggish route running, lapses in concentration, not too mention he'll be 23 by the time hes drafted.

I think the poor hands and concentration are one and the same. The guy just needs a little bit of coaching. I've watched him from his freshman year until now and he's done nothing but improve. KB is your guy if he's there. He may be boom or bust but at the end of the first round those are the kinds of talents that if you wiff you wiff on.

Posted · Report post

Having passed on Jeffery and Allen in round 2 I hope we've learned our lesson.

Benjamin is exactly what we need, id take him at 28 in a heartbeat.

Posted · Report post

He's more Mike Williams then Jeffery. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

U gotta understand too Winston passes were all over the place when he targeted Benjamin. It wasnt like he was putting them in his chest, they were taking advantage of his size. I value a receiver that can catch a lot of inaccurate passes more than a guy that drops them right in his chest.

Posted · Report post

Oh, hell no. No, no, no, no, no, no, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! If we wanted a guy to drop nearly 1/10 passes thrown their way we could just cut off one of LaFell's hands and send him back out there.

the same could be said for the Matthews aka the huddle darling.

Posted · Report post

The Huddle's wants and not wants change with every article written by any reporter. 

"Want"

"Do Not Want"

Stay tuned until the next article

Posted · Report post

I know you didnt expect a propect with Benjamins talent level without some major major flaws....he didnt have the flaws he wouldnt be there at 28

Posted · Report post

I still like Robinson at #28 if we go WR.

Posted · Report post

If Benjamin hears the critics and puts in work between now and the combine and has a good showing there, I think he convinces people he is legit 1st round. If he doesn't react I think he ends up slipping into round 2 somewhere and we may even have 2 chances to draft him.

He would be perfect for us because it would basically be like Cam throwing to Cam out there, which is sick. I think it's interesting to look at players like Benjamin now who might be a little sloppy or lazy because Cam is about to move into that area of his career where he can have a bigger influence/role model impact on the draft picks that he works with. If a guy like Benjamin comes in and is watching Cam at training camp and is in awe, think about how big Cam taking him under his wing/teaching him how to work like and act like a pro would be.

Posted · Report post

ricky proehl.