Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlotte49er

NASCAR announces overhaul to Chase format

49 posts in this topic

Yea its wayyyy better this way. You going to any races in Charlotte this year?

Yea its wayyyy better this way. You going to any races in Charlotte this year?

Might go. Haven't been in a couple of years but I live so close I should hop over.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Still plenty of viewers but interest is declining

Well to be honest I do not think that this format is condusive for drawing in fans at this time of the year.  I imagine fans of early winners may not be as interested until Race 27 as they normally would be.  I know you can win and get two bonus points or whatever it is but it is really not that big a deal.  When the next meaningful race your guys race in will be in September then I imagine it is easy to find something else to do.

Well to be honest I do not think that this format is condusive for drawing in fans at this time of the year.  I imagine fans of early winners may not be as interested until Race 27 as they normally would be.  I know you can win and get two bonus points or whatever it is but it is really not that big a deal.  When the next meaningful race your guys race in will be in September then I imagine it is easy to find something else to do.

Good point

What a lame finish today.

super speedways are nothing but a sleeping pill any more

The racing was good imo...until they threw the caution that decided the race...no way Hamlin wins if it woulda stayed green

They go around the track like a hive of bees.