71 replies to this topic

#31 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

I have a friend who is a Panthers fan but he's stuck living in the bay area and he explained to me Colin's press conference attire and why he wears what he does. Apparently Colin met a young guy (18-20ish) at training camp last summer who is trying to start his own clothing line and he offered Colin some free clothes to help spread his name. He's a kid who grew up in the projects and is trying to get away from that lifestyle by starting his own business. Colin started wearing his clothes at press conferences to support him.

Do I still think Colin is a douche? Yep. I still can't stand that smug dude. There are plenty of things he does that deserve the criticism it gets but I don't think his dress attire should be one of them. That's a pretty cool thing he does for that kid.

They ask everyone else about his post-game dress except him, they should ask Colin himself so he can name drop that kid and his clothing line...no one knows who made what unless the question is asked in regards to his clothing

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Sounds more like a perfect way from him to use that as an excuse to not wear suits he doesnt want to wear. How many people do you think we're begging him to wear their cloths?

edit: and as far as the other thought goes in this thread. . . black QB's are still an issue because there still IDIOTS who think it is. . simple.

there will always be idiots, isnt that nice? I know, lets all go skipping now.

That doesn't sound credible. Wearing some dudes t-shirt once doesn't really hold weight....

Starts with Carroll. Most teams have a road dress code. Seattle doesn't appear to

#33 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

a black QB could have accumulated 0 rushing yards in highschool and would still be labeled as a "duel threat"

#34 Oudaman90

Oudaman90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

It's funny how Skip had sooo much crap to say for the past 3+ years about Cam, but once he's in the studio....nothin...can dish it out when Cam is hundreds of miles away, even to his own teammates, but not face to face...

#35 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

a black QB could have accumulated 0 rushing yards in highschool and would still be labeled as a "duel threat"

Yep I remember when they labled that guy in Jacksonville that way, uhmm Leftwich. He was hardly a running threat, but apparently playing on a broken ankle in a game means just that to many reporters. Strong yes, but wrong conclusion as usual. 

#36 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'll never understand the black QB thing. Hell, we had a black man dominate golf for a decade, surely that was supposed to be the final frontier.

Either way: CAAAAAAaaaaam!!!!

This is one of those thing where you shake your head and ask what the hell was that all about. People were coming up with some crazy random poo a few years back for attention.

#37 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

#38 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Yep I remember when they labled that guy in Jacksonville that way, uhmm Leftwich. He was hardly a running threat, but apparently playing on a broken ankle in a game means just that to many reporters. Strong yes, but wrong conclusion as usual. 

The only way Leftwich was a dual threat was if he fell forwards from the one-inch line. That dude made Peyton Manning look fleet-footed.

#39 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

It's coming on now again

#40 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,284 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

It's coming on now again

happy-happy-joy-joy.jpg

#41 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

The only way Leftwich was a dual threat was if he fell forwards from the one-inch line. That dude made Peyton Manning look fleet-footed.

The dude's wind up took like 5 and a half years to come full circle

#42 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I don't remember that at all but if you say so...... why do I get the feeling that if I Googled "Byron Leftwich Dual Threat" there would be no record of any reporter calling him that let alone "many".

#43 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

I don't remember that at all but if you say so...... why do I get the feeling that if I Googled "Byron Leftwich Dual Threat" there would be no record of any reporter calling him that let alone "many".

/shrug

do you always just talk aloud to yourself?. . . on internet forums too? . . wierd.

#44 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Man....I fuging love that guy! The crowd does too.

#45 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

I think Cari Champion loves him too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com