Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg Hardy waiting on phone call, 'crapload' of money

113 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

NEW YORK -- Greg Hardy tied a franchise record with 15 sacks for the Carolina Panthers this season. He won't turn 26 until next July. These are the types of guys you want to keep in the building.

That's not assured for the man who calls himself The Kraken. The Panthers have salary cap issues, and the team is well aware Cam Newton's rookie contract is reaching its back end.

Hardy has made it clear he'll be willing to play on the franchise tag (expected to be about $12 million for a defensive end), but general manager Dave Gettleman didn't sound certain keeping Hardy would be financially possible.

Hardy's not losing sleep.

"It's a football game. It's a game, so you really can't put too much stock in stressing about something like that," he told Around The League at Radio Row. "I'm in the best position of my life regardless of what happens, so I definitely believe in letting my agent and my manager and my people handle that and I can focus on football and entertaining you guys."

Speaking of entertaining, we asked what the Panthers need to do to get to the Super Bowl stage next year.

"Give me a phone call and offer me a crapload of money," he said with a grin. "That's all. Nothing too serious."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000321079/article/greg-hardy-waiting-on-phone-call-crapload-of-money

Posted · Report post

He's a funny guy. Wish we had the pieces in place on offense to afford him.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Weird that gentleman said today you can't let a guy like hardy walk out the building. Wonder what he has planned

Posted · Report post

Hmmm what are we gonna do

Posted · Report post

Anyone who thinks Hardy will NOT sign with the team who offers him the most money is crazy.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

The CJ contract really fucked us over. So, since CJ is getting paid all this money, Hardy thinks he's entitled to equal or more.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He be gone

Posted · Report post

if he wants to get paid what he's worth, he'll stay here.

if he wants to get paid more than he's worth he'll go to a team that'll undoubtedly do just that.

not really much more to be said

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

He wants to get paid, who can blame him?

I'm tired of all the talk, just ready for FA to begin, and find out one way or the other so we can move forward.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hardy is toying with yall.

1 person likes this