Photo
- - - - -

Leave the game ALONE GOODELL!

Best Answer Zod, 01 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

When everyone makes the playoffs what is the point of the regular season exactly

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

It really does piss me the fug off that they keep trying to mess with the game leave it the fug alone

#17 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I wish people would make sure they understand what they are complaining about, so they don't look like idiots.

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,551 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

I wish people would make sure they understand what they are complaining about, so they don't look like idiots.

I wish you would understand what you are typing before you post so that you don't keep looking like an idiot over and over again as usual.

#19 Panthers111

Panthers111

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

The people on this site who have been supportive of, or just don't mind getting rid of the extra point are stupid. Sorry, it's just how it is.

The argument that it won't change anything, only speed up the game is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why?

As it stands now, a touchdown + extra point is greater than two field goals. Taking away the extra point eliminates this.

Those who argue that the 2 point conversion would take its place, this again makes no sense. It's more dangerous to run a play than to kick a point after. Players (star players no less) are more likely to get injured. AND it takes some strategy out of the game when a team decides to go for it with time on the clock, etc.

The simple fact is, it literally changes the entire landscape of the game. Period. Games are SO often decides by one point. 21-20 for example. Or decided by 4 points. 20-17. Take away the point after and all these games are dramatically different. Teams can settle for FGs late in games as opposed to being forced to drive the length of the field, etc.

It's not $%#?ing broken so stop trying to fix it!!! It amazes me how many people want to see this happen. It literally changes SO MANY aspects of the game. How do some of you not see this???

You do realize there is more than 1 way to modify the game. You can just give the team 7 pts when they score a TD. Bam!

I personally dont like the phrase if its not broken don't fix it. Let me give you some examples

Slavery/Racial segregation/Woman rights - Hey its a great system its not broken why fix it - clearly we all see it is wrong now but back then it made sense 

Blockbuster/Circuit City/ Wachovia - Hey we making a ton of money and nothings broken lets just keep on doing what we are doing

Time changes the game. 

Heck just watch football in the 90s 80s 70s 60s etc. You can see how it evolved. The game is very different today than in the past. Football today in my opinion is much better than in the past. You can contribute that to change and the evolution of the game.

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,551 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

You do realize there is more than 1 way to modify the game. You can just give the team 7 pts when they score a TD. Bam!

I personally dont like the phrase if its not broken don't fix it. Let me give you some examples

Slavery/Racial segregation/Woman rights - Hey its a great system its not broken why fix it - clearly we all see it is wrong now but back then it made sense 

Blockbuster/Circuit City/ Wachovia - Hey we making a ton of money and nothings broken lets just keep on doing what we are doing

Time changes the game. 

Heck just watch football in the 90s 80s 70s 60s etc. You can see how it evolved. The game is very different today than in the past. Football today in my opinion is much better than in the past. You can contribute that to change and the evolution of the game.

Congrats! You won the dumbest post of the thread award!

#21 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,841 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

993729305425264.jpg 

#22 Panthers111

Panthers111

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Congrats! You won the best post of the thread award!

You made a typo. Dont worry I fixed it for you  :D lol

#23 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

There are lots of dumb ideas for rule changes going around. Two more 2 minute warnings for example.

But one of the cool things about football is the mean and variance. A two point conversion is successful around 50% of the time. I think FGs are made around 80% of the time. 3rd and long is maybe 1/3 (guessing).

Here are the completion percentages for PATs this year and others.

http://www.teamranki...-conversion-pct

Watching a play that has a 1/1000 chance of being successful is occasionaly fun.

Watching that play 5 times a game is dumb. 

#24 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I disagree
Today's offensive minded football isn't as exciting in my opinion. Rule changes are to blame for it.

#25 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

For people who seem to know so much about the game itself and the evaluation of the men who play it there sure are a lot of ignorant fugers as to how the league works.

Goodell can't even dictate the kind of grass seed they use.

Any change to the rules of the game will be decided on by the 32 owners.

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Everyone talks about Goodell ruining the game.....he doesn't have the power. The owners have the power. They are the ones making the changes ultimately.

#27 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

I wish they would ban the forward pass. three yards and a cloud of dust and all that you know. Get all the RBzzz.

#28 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

People still watch NASCAR and the NBA and both of those games are turning into poo shows. Goodell knows this and is going to cash in on the NFL.

#29 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,841 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

No internet at the time, but I believe the same complaints happened when the playoffs expanded 10 to 12 teams. Not having a problem with this,  going up in numbers especially since the NFL wants two more teams in the league. If that happens 14 teams out of 34 is still a good number of teams in the playoffs.

#30 TN05

TN05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationConover, North Carolina

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Time changes the game. 

Did you just compare removing a longstanding football rule with slavery? Congrats, you are now the early favorite for the 'Huddle Douche of the Year' award.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com