Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The team is 1-3, coach is about to get fired

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera was never in danger of being fired during the season.

Exactly...That was some crappy rumor that NFL Network started. Gettleman was really angry about it and even went public to deny the false rumor.

Posted

Don't kid yourself. If he kept losing, we would have a new head coach next season.

Yes, but he would've been fired after the season. He wasn't getting fired mid season. When that bogus rumor started Dave was pissed and emphatically denied it. If it was true he would just said no comment or some other PR statement.

Posted

That Bills loss just killed me. After that I thought "jeez Rivera I've supported you since you've been here but it may be time." Glad he changed though because he is a genius defensive mind.

Posted

Tell anyone on September 10th 2001 that anything like New York becoming a war zone could happen in America

This is a game we're talking about, not 3000 peoples' lives. Big difference.

Posted

Yea, one of the few seasons where an actual argument could be made that a 7th team deserved to be in the playoffs.

To be fair, no one from the NFC East should have made it. So I guess theres still only 6 :)

Posted

This is a game we're talking about, not 3000 peoples' lives. Big difference.

The only thing they have in common is that you'd have no reason to believe they'd happen beforehand