Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melvin White: Keep or cut?

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

There is absolutely no reason to cut Melvin.

He's progressed from a depth slot to starter, so you could say he's made the grade.

That being said, it's also not a reason not to invest in more talent at the position.

It takes years to develop into a talented (much less an elite) CB.

You keep developing at a position and drafting into it until you "solve" it (aka Keeks).

Here's to another GettleTastic draft :)

Speaking of draft, my beer is getting warm..

Posted · Report post

K-Keep

Is this even a question?

He had some bad moments but kid balled out this season

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Sheesh

Posted · Report post

Yea we shouldn't really hold on to any CB. We need a whole new group.

Posted · Report post

White was a rookie last season. In addition, playing DB is difficult as hell in the NFL nowadays. E. Thomas and Sherman had their share of growing pains in their rookie campaigns too. Give Melvin some time to develop. He's not the next big thing at the position but he appears like a solid contributor.

Posted · Report post

Um. Dude. Melvin is probably going to be our starting #2 CB for the next few years. And if he shows as much progress as he did this year, he could be a very, very good CB.

What is this thread?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol, considering how shallow we're in the secondary too, how could we possibly cut him? It's very possible that Florence, Dockery, Munnerlyn and/or Thomas could be gone next season. We need White.

Posted · Report post

wut?dude balled out whats up with some of you wanting to change what worked last year?

guy is only going to get better much better

Posted · Report post

Kid's got all the physical tools needed to succeed as a CB in this league and showed enough promise during the season that he is capable of utilizing and further developing these tools.  No risk in keeping him, he'll be average at worst for cheap.

Posted · Report post

Melvin White could end up being a very good corner. He's got the tools and he's got good size. We most definitely need to keep him. I'd give Norman one more shot too despite what haters will say.

Posted · Report post

Um. Dude. Melvin is probably going to be our starting #2 CB for the next few years. And if he shows as much progress as he did this year, he could be a very, very good CB.

What is this thread?

I agree with your comments the best. Cornerback is very difficult position to master in the NFL. Players out in space get exposed more because they are out on an island.

Take the top rookie cornerbacks from last year and years past and they all got exposed at one time or another. He did a good job last year. He is an excellent tackler and I think he will continue to improve and shine in coverage. He is one of the players I am least concerned about. Hopefully Mr. White has a bright future.

Posted · Report post

panther 2013 highlight moment #1,223 >>8:00 minutes left in the second qtr of panthers vs atl in atl  

Posted · Report post

is this a serious question?