Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melvin White: Keep or cut?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Started on one of, if not the best defensive unit in the NFL, he'll be here next season. He may not start, but he'll be here. 

Posted

Melvin White 6'1" has the height and versatility to play both the CB and FS positions on defense. Not only does he have excellent size, he's  a smart, instinctive football player, something GM Dave Gettleman covets.

Although White started out as  a raw player who lacked proper technique, the proper coaching he received made him a starter. He should only continue to trend upward. Don't worry fellow Panther fans,Melvin White is not going to be leaving this team anytime in the near future.

Posted

mlfw4922-tumblr_lx8o3xlR5v1r3k1m8o1_500.

Posted

Worst thread of the week? Month? lol 

Smh

Posted

Keep

Posted

Thomas will be cut not White

Posted

Melvin White is a keeper for now. The way our defense is built I don't expect us to be shelling out big money to a FA CB and we don't have the luxury in my opinion to take a CB 1st day in the draft with our offensive needs. Guys like Melvin or Florence are probably going to be the way the team goes at CB for a while. 

The success of the defense is all on that front 7 and as long as we have capable starters at safety I see cheaper unsung guys like Melvin always going to be in the rotation.

Now if Hardy walks or CJ goes leaves down the road that may be a  different story. But Gettlemen knows that it's all won in the trenches.

Posted

Think he showed enough to keep. Will depend in who else we bring in though.

Posted

Depending on offseason moves, I think he'll be our 2nd or 3rd CB come fall 2014.

Posted

We have to keep him. I don't think it's even an option unless we get corners in the draft who absolutely outplay him in training camp and preseason.

Posted

He isn't even in the same room as the radar. Sheesh

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Posted

Smitty has been very complimentary of Melvin White, but said that he hit the rookie wall hard.  If Smitty says he can play, I believe it.