Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

Currently the Carolina Panther blueprint for success looks pretty good.

74 posts in this topic

Couple things holding us back, fix these, and we will be good.

1: Overpriced RB's on this team, with no outside playmakers.

2: Average, at best OL.

3: Below average secondary.

4: Offensive Coordinator.

5: Depth

The problem I see with us and the other two teams mentioned a lot in this thread....cheap QB's don't hang around very long.  We will either have to break the bank with Cam's contract, or let him walk and start over at the QB position.  The second part ain't happening.  SF and Seattle both have to pay their QB's as well, and that's when the salary cap will start to bite us and them.

The trick is shedding some really bad contracts (D Will and Stew), getting Cam to agree to a contract smaller than Matt Ryan, and drafting very very well, grooming your talent, and letting them walk after getting the most out of their rookie deals.

Unless you have the very best QB's on your roster, (Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady) the high price of QB's makes being a consistent contender very tough.

We have the right blueprint, now we just need to draft well enough to pull it off. 

Lol Manziel is not even close to Wilson.

Wilson's intellect is through the roof.

Gettlemans got this. I'm not worried.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

We need a Tyrann Mathieu on defense and a Calvin Johnson on offense. It ain't gonna be easy.

Too specific. Be more general.

Ok. We need help on the oline, at receiver, and in the secondary

1 person likes this

The good news is that defense still trumps fancy Offense!

The bad news is that we need a lot of help to be in the big boy league (like Seattle and SF - groans aside).  We need to have a physical, punishing running game.  We need to have a defense that will painfully put you on your rear, and a QB who can make the needed plays.  

The good news is that we're close!  If we can get some guys to come back from injury and possible retirement, add some competition and depth, our Oline is good-ish (still a long way from the season so all adjectives will be -ish).  We get some more talent in the secondary and DE (assuming Hardy is gone), and we're immediately upgraded-ish from last year.  If we can find ONE guy who can catch passes from Cam and do something positive, our offense suddenly becomes way better-ish.

So long as you can beat up on the finess teams WRs, move the QBs from their comfort spots and get your hands on them, you'll enjoy a lot of success.  All you need to do is make enough plays to score a little bit.  Seattle did get a ST and defensive TD, which are so much gravy to the meal of a win (stretching metaphor!).  Lose those 16 points, and its still a very strong 27-8 win.  

So we are on our way, but we just weren't there this year.  In Gettleman we trust!  Go Ron, go Luke, and go Cam! =)  

I'm going to enjoy watching the Taints and Falcons death-spiral into irrelevancy while us and Tampa take up the torch so to speak over the next five years.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Taints and Falcons death-spiral into irrelevancy while us and Tampa take up the torch so to speak over the next five years.

The Taints window is closing so fast. It's incredible. I hate everything about them and wish that sorry, classless, cheating organization nothing but the worst for decades to come. Ya know, kinda like their first three decades of existence.