Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Currently the Carolina Panther blueprint for success looks pretty good.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Seattle and 49ers are better than us. Packers, Cardinals, Rams, and Saints are strong. Atlanta will be back. We must get some weapons on offense. I think GMan will get us there. 

#17 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

The blueprint is indeed on track. The team, however, isn't there yet. We can't continually beat the Seattles or San Frans just yet. Hopefully G-Man can work this cap chaos and improve our holes. It will work in our favor, though, that the 9ers and Hawks are in the same divison. 

#18 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Love the Panthers but not sure how the AP chose Ron over Pete.

Probably because the only adversity Pete has gone through is going 7-9 and he still made the playoffs.

#19 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,154 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Quite frankly we need one real solid addition at the cornerback position. If we lose Hardy I would love to gain Verner in free agency.

Then in the draft, it has to be weapons and protection for Cam for at least 4 rounds. 

#20 King Schit

King Schit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Thinking about who we need to resign, what FA to go after, and our cap space hell gives me headaches... and thats not even including draft thoughts...glad I don't have G-man's job...I want to re-sign Hardy, but acquire Nicks...we probably can't do both...I say WR in Rd 1(especially if we don't get Nicks), but some of you that think otherwise make good points why...our D does need secondary help, but that same D ranked 2nd in the league...our O was not bad but if it was juuuuust lil more productive we could've been better by a large margin

#21 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Sherman was listing the UDFAs and 6th and 7th rounders making a big difference for them. We need to get our scouting department to work.

#22 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,150 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

We're closer than we have been in a long time. We certainly need a top WR, one or two very good OL, one or two great CB. We can't mimic Seattle because we don't have those types of CB. But in our system, better CB than we have, will make our defense great...

#23 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Manziel and tall corners just had their draft stocks go up.

#24 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

I feel a hell of a lot better about our team after seeing how this season has ended up.  In retrospect our offense wasn't nearly as bad as it looks.  We struggled against great defenses but took care of business against everyone else.  I few pieces here and there and we are good to go.  

Exactly. Given how offensive talent and the teams we had to face, our offense did okay for what they have.

Get a WR or two in the mold of Boldin or a playmaker like Harvin, and I would expect our offense to do much better.

#25 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

We don't need Percy Harvin. We need an intermediate passing game and receivers who come back to the ball.

#26 Panthers111

Panthers111

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

The Broncos had the best offense in the league this year. Best QB, Probably the best WR/TE core, but you know what if your Oline cant hold up then your QB and WR/TE will suck. 

#27 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

We need improvements in certain areas and we should be a good team for years

#28 QCkilla

QCkilla

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

We need improvements in certain areas and we should be a good team for years

Too specific. Be more general.

#29 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,785 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

There's a reason they call this league "Not For Long".

If you guys have learned nothing from emulating the steelers the past 20 years, is that trying to emulate a team down to the molecular level is a mistake. It was seattle's year. They were as unbeatable as a team could be in 2013, they weren't a team that peaked and then burned out later on in the season, and it's easy to maintain that rhythm and consistency when you only have two bye weeks in the entire year. But the 2014 season is 8 long months away, and by then the Seahawks in all likelihood won't be as hot as they were then. Their defense might start to look human, they might get decimated by injuries, they might get into the playoffs and be one and done. They came pretty damn close to not even getting the chance to blow out the broncos, if the Niners were able to edge them two weeks ago. Denver looked like they didn't prepare any different for them than they did against the overrated, injured patriots, the rebuilding chargers, and the shitty raiders in week 17. They went in with their meal-ticket peyton manning to throw a bunch of lasers like he does in every game, and when he was rendered ineffective as all of his options were shut down and the rush came, the broncos had no plan b. You wouldn't have noticed it then but the broncos never had a plan b the entire season. Everything revolved around manning.

What the panthers need to concern themselves with is possibly getting better, more consistent or explosive weapons for cam, galvanize the Oline a little bit, and get some talent at CB. Those are all the things we need to mainly focus on. We lost in the divisional round when our limitations were exposed, and quite honestly, the main reason we didn't do well in the playoffs is because we need to be more consistent at getting there. When you get to play in January once every five years, of course you're not going to do as well as a team that does it every year. Our problem is not that we're not enough of a clone of the seahawks.

#30 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

3 things and we can be in the Superbowl next year

1.Big Play Making Wr, a guy who can give Sherman and Revis a run for there money

2.A ball hawking db, a turnover machine doesn't have to be a cb could be a saftey

3.A Lt who block worth a damn and the oline creating running lanes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.