Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is NFL games being thrown

44 posts in this topic

Posted

The NBA .......

Posted

Looked fine to me, but I'm biased. As others have said, if they were going to fix it for interesting storylines, they would have let the chosen white one manning dominate those "thugs" on seattle's D for karmic justice.

If anything I thought denver got some pity flags but that's about it. If you mean thrown as in point shaving then maybe.

Posted

Looked fine to me, but I'm biased. As others have said, if they were going to fix it for interesting storylines, they would have let the chosen white one manning dominate those "thugs" on seattle's D for karmic justice.

If anything I thought denver got some pity flags but that's about it. If you mean thrown as in point shaving then maybe.

I'm a bit biased too because I loved RW getting a ring (hope cam is next for the young qbs) but I think our game vs the 9ers something was up. It was the first time in all the years I've watched panthers that I have rewatched an entire game again. Still feel the same way without alcohol in my system. Something was up.

This superbowl game was a complete and total team domination. Never once did I suspect anything.

Posted

The "Is NFL games being thrown?(sic)" question is complicated. I don't know to what extent or how many games in NFL history have been fixed. But I know the answer isn't "zero", despite no one ever being caught or even investigated. Anyone who thinks different is a moron.

1 person likes this

Posted

I suspect NFL officials watch a lot of game film in preparation for the teams they will officiate in order to learn and anticipate players' tendencies.

That may explain a lot of what looks like biased officiating against players and teams in general.

If I were to cite a SB that looked like it was fixed, it wouldn't be this one, it would be the Steelers vs. Seahawks matchup.

Posted

Are subject verb agreement dead?

1 person likes this

Posted

The Refs did give some calls to the Broncos. As a matter of fact, those calls help moved the chain for the Broncos during the game. 

How about all of the non-called PI's that should have been called against the Hawks.  They were allowed to molest and mug the opposing team's WR's on about 75% of the passing plays.  But then again, they were allowed to do that all season.

Their reputation influences the calls.

But no...that is not why the Hawks won.  They won becuase they were the better team and because Peyton Manning is one of the greatest regualr season QB's of all time....and one of the biggest playoff choke artists of all time.

Posted

My title should have been 'is the nfl throwing games'.  It was late.  Cut me some slack.  I have heard more rumblings about skewed games this year than anytime.  It has been a bad year for refs.  You go back to our playoff and if the refs hadn't made some bad calls we could have been there last night.  It was pointed out, and it makes a good case, that the NFL would rather have the big market at the superbowl.  Yes, we've been there before.  My point being, with so much money in this sport it would be advantageous to have the big markets dominate.

Posted

I like Ali G from time to time too

Posted

My title should have been 'is the nfl throwing games'.  It was late.  Cut me some slack.  I have heard more rumblings about skewed games this year than anytime.  It has been a bad year for refs.  You go back to our playoff and if the refs hadn't made some bad calls we could have been there last night.  It was pointed out, and it makes a good case, that the NFL would rather have the big market at the superbowl.  Yes, we've been there before.  My point being, with so much money in this sport it would be advantageous to have the big markets dominate.

But neither the Broncos nor the Seahawks are big market teams.

The most logical thing for the NFL to do is to protect their integrity as a sport. Why would the owners risk the ruination of their billion dollar businesses by throwing a game here and there to bump up TV ratings?

Take off the tinfoil hat.

1 person likes this

Posted

NFL is fixed and staged?

There's this huge underground cavern in Nebraska where they rehearse all the NFL games each week.

2 people like this

Posted

Are subject verb agreement dead?

Not by a long shot. They am alive and well.