Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

So the Panthers were the 3rd best team in the league this year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#25 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

If the Broncos had the 49ers for their divisional game, they don't win any playoff games this year either.

#26 Semaj

Semaj

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Cam is definitely the most talented of the three, but I have to give Wilson the nod right now as he has a Superbowl ring.

#1 - Wilson
#2 - Newton
#2315089725 - Kaepernick

And if Cam was the starting qb on Seattle he would have the ring and Wilson wouldn't. Because of a ring that their DEFENSE earned? That is the difference? Cam greater that Wilson, PERIOD!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#27 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

That....and the fact that the refs continuously let the Seattle secondary mug, maul, and molest opposing team's WR's.

Their db's are good....but they are allowed way to much physicality.  Watching the game last night was ridiculous.  There were blatant non called PI's on about 75% of Denver's pass plays.

I'm OK with this.

Receivers and offense in general benefit so much now from rule changes.

#28 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Our defense won't be better than Seattle's until we improve the secondary.  And considering almost all the starters are free agents this offseason that is going to be difficult.

#29 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

What did Denver do this year that was impressive? Served up the NFC East on a silver platter and play in a weak division. Their best win was against New England in the playoffs when the Patriots had no one playing. Meanwhile we had to run the NFC West gauntlet this year. The Broncos have NO case of being ranked ahead of the 49ers or us. Maybe the Saints. But the NFC was clearly the daddy this year.

they scored a record 606 points, their division had 3 playoff teams, made it to the Super Bowl, top offense ever.... if you had to ask this, you will never know.  yes nfc overall is better, but that doesnt mean the best afc team is overrated.  jeez, funny how one game makes people forget the 18 others.

#30 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hawks

Broncos

9ers

Panthers

Eagles

#31 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I think the number one thing that we need to take away from this years NFL season is that Defenses are once again King, it just took nearly 10 years before the DC's around the league could adjust enough to the Patriot act rule change, a rule change that lead to record offensive numbers over the last 10 years(biggest reason for all the crazy QB numbers) good to see things balance itself out again.

#32 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

I think the number one thing that we need to take away from this years NFL season is that Defenses are once again King, it just took nearly 10 years before the DC's around the league could adjust enough to the Patriot act rule change, a rule change that lead to record offensive numbers over the last 10 years(biggest reason for all the crazy QB numbers) good to see things balance itself out again.

I made the same point to a friend yesterday. The league changes every decade or so. It gives us different stuff on a regular basis. Power running and defense are on the rise. Still going to have teams like the Saints that live and die by the pass game, but that offensive philosophy no longer is the blueprint for other OCs.

I said it a few years ago, Cam and Wilson will change the league. And they are.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#33 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Denver is a finesse offense, so playing a smash mouth defense is a problem for them. Same thing with New Orleans, they rely on precission and timing. A power offense can beat a team like Seattle.

finesse offense?

What's that mean.

No such thing.

#34 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

i'm reminded of the great philosopher Reese Bobby

if you ain't first, you're last