Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolina-chuck

UPDATED: Confirmed. Bobcats Exploring Trade for Evan Turner

211 posts in this topic

how charlotte acts trying to make a trade

2 people like this

I'm leaning hard towards Turner being a Bobcat shortly, I just don't see Philly getting a better deal then that. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bobcats targeted Gibson after the Turner trade goes through. 

I don't see Jordan being worried about working out a deal with Turner having MJ's long time agent, David Falk. 

If the team could make it happen, I'd offer the Piston's pick, Gordon and another player if it would Land both Turner and Young. Both are on the move and would greatly improve the team. Young also brings three point ability and could be used as a stretch 4 with Charlotte's system. 

Yea, I think the trade will happen.

I would love to find a way to get Gibson here in Charlotte, but I'm not sure. Gibson is balling at a high level now, and Chicago will need him if they want to get past the 1st round of the playoffs. What would we have to give up for Gibson tho if we're able to get a deal with Turner already? Detroit pick"? I just want to keep that pick.

I can live without Young. He's a good player but not great. I dont want to have my hands tied on a lot above average players and just be mediocre for the next 2+ years.

I wish we wouldn't make a trade. Keep all the draft picks and let Gordons contract expire and give us even more money to spend on free agents in the offseason

Yea, I think the trade will happen.

I would love to find a way to get Gibson here in Charlotte, but I'm not sure. Gibson is balling at a high level now, and Chicago will need him if they want to get past the 1st round of the playoffs. What would we have to give up for Gibson tho if we're able to get a deal with Turner already? Detroit pick"? I just want to keep that pick.

I can live without Young. He's a good player but not great. I dont want to have my hands tied on a lot above average players and just be mediocre for the next 2+ years.

That's what the team has and will have going forward... Think about it, Kemba, Hendo, MKG, Zeller, Turner, Gibson....ext... None of the guys Charlotte has is anything more then slightly above average outside of Jefferson. 

Haven't read this whole thread and I don't know how legit this is but this is what I heard today:

Suns get: Gordon

Bobcats: Evan Turner

Sixers: Get okafor and Pacers 1st rounder.

Obviously I would do this run and not look back.

It's looking very likely that Ben Gordon will be sent to Phili for Turner.

It's looking very likely that Ben Gordon will be sent to Phili for Turner.

Source or just a guess?

Source or just a guess?

The rumor mill is really picking up, MSM basketball is starting to see it as a real possibility. I'm starting to see a lot of media outlets in Phili talk about it.

If we can get him for Ben Gordon it would be a great trade. On the other hand, if we throw in a first rounder or even a second it would be devastating to the franchise IMO.

The rumor mill is really picking up, MSM basketball is starting to see it as a real possibility. I'm starting to see a lot of media outlets in Phili talk about it.

If we can get him for Ben Gordon it would be a great trade. On the other hand, if we throw in a first rounder or even a second it would be devastating to the franchise IMO.

Why would Philly swap expiring deals and get nothing in return for it???? It makes no sense from Philly's side to make a trade and only swap expiring deals. It would have to include something of value for philly to consider it, either a first round pick or taking Richardson back in the deal. 

1 person likes this

Why would Philly swap expiring deals and get nothing in return for it???? It makes no sense from Philly's side to make a trade and only swap expiring deals. It would have to include something of value for philly to consider it, either a first round pick or taking Richardson back in the deal. 

http://fansided.com/2014/02/14/nba-rumors-charlotte-bobcats-interest-evan-turner-real/#!vTiZI

It doesn't make sense, but we can't give up a first for evan turner.

http://fansided.com/2014/02/14/nba-rumors-charlotte-bobcats-interest-evan-turner-real/#!vTiZI

It doesn't make sense, but we can't give up a first for evan turner.

That link has the price to aquire Turner as a first round pick, It's going to take either

Gordon and MKG or Gordon and a 1st to get Turner. 

It's why Rufus on Fire has pretty much said all the names mentioned in connection with the Bobcats are dead in the water as they don't think Cho would be willing to give up a first rounder for Turner. 

Taking on Richardson isn't really an option because it handcuffs the Bobcats and what they can do in FA next off season. So the really only play here is the Portland pick and Gordon for Turner. 

If the trade happens it will most definitely include a first round pick from somewhere. 

That link has the price to aquire Turner as a first round pick, It's going to take either

Gordon and MKG or Gordon and a 1st to get Turner. 

It's why Rufus on Fire has pretty much said all the names mentioned in connection with the Bobcats are dead in the water as they don't think Cho would be willing to give up a first rounder for Turner. 

Taking on Richardson isn't really an option because it handcuffs the Bobcats and what they can do in FA next off season. So the really only play here is the Portland pick and Gordon for Turner. 

If the trade happens it will most definitely include a first round pick from somewhere. 

I'd rather go for Greg Monroe if we are going to spend a pick on somebody.

MKG is the heart of our 5th ranked defense, but that 5th ranked defense isn't winning us game so we might as well send him on his way if we can get something decent.