Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolina-chuck

UPDATED: Confirmed. Bobcats Exploring Trade for Evan Turner

211 posts in this topic

Apparently, we are trying our hardest to make a trade happen.

1 person likes this

Turner isn't an upgrade over MKG. If they acquire him he better be playing SG alongside MKG.

Turner isn't an upgrade over MKG. If they acquire him he better be playing SG alongside MKG.

Defensively, no. Offensively, hell yes he's an upgrade over MKG.

Our defense is playing well right now. I believe that MJ and Cho want to have more offensive power in the playoffs.

In my honest opinion, this could be the best thing to happen for MKG. He gets to come off the bench as a 6th man and just do what he do best: play defense and rebound. Being the no2 overall pick, a ton of weight will be off his shoulders knowing that he doesnt have to go out and produce offensively.

Defensively, no. Offensively, hell yes he's an upgrade over MKG.

Our defense is playing well right now. I believe that MJ and Cho want to have more offensive power in the playoffs.

In my honest opinion, this could be the best thing to happen for MKG. He gets to come off the bench as a 6th man and just do what he do best: play defense and rebound. Being the no2 overall pick, a ton of weight will be off his shoulders knowing that he doesnt have to go out and produce offensively.

Mkg is the reason our defense is playing well.

Look at the defensive stats when he isn't playing. 

This is a "no loss" situation here with Evan Turner. Assuming that the deal (rumored) goes through, we are pretty much renting Evan Turner for "one" late pick (Portland's) and swapping Ben Gordon's contract for Turner. Huddlers dont want to lose Gordon's contract, but at the end of the day if Turner decides that he doesnt want to come back here we'll have plenty of money to go after someone else in FA (Monroe, etc.).

This is a step closer to help this team improve this year and win some games in the Playoffs. We def dont want to settle and go into the playoffs with the roster we have right now.

Mkg is the reason our defense is playing well.

Look at the defensive stats when he isn't playing. 

True.

Everything right now is just speculation. We know nothing. I'm not going to assume who start and who doesnt.

The thing is, let's remember that Cho tried to convince us to believe his OKC philosophy. Maybe this is it. Turner is not the player that James Harden is, but maybe Clifford will use him similar to Harden (OKC). Let Turner come off the bench, change the pace of the game, and add sparks to the offense.

I know it has probably already been posted, but what is Turner's salary?

$6,679,867

1 person likes this

Gordon and Portland pick for Turner has been offered officially from what I've seen. Just a question of if it's the best offer that Philly gets for him.