Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMH at this contract!

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If Stewart is the type of guy fans have always talked about, then he needs to heavily consider doing the right thing by the franchise that drafted him in the first round, and gave him that contract, and take a pay cut to help the team.

He's got barely 700 total yards, and only one touchdown the last two seasons. There's no way he can sit there with a straight face, and say he is earning all of that contract.

Posted · Report post

If it wasnt him it would be someone else. There is always going to be some guys taking too much money while they are hurt or not performing. Every team has some, some teams are better than others. i wont argue that Hurney never made mistake contracts, however dont be surprised when we have new bad contracts from this FO in a few years. We all wanted to keep Double trouble together and we wouldnt want to have lost CJ. Hindshight is 20/20. we will field a team next year we did this year. were just going to have to be patient on some of these. 

Posted · Report post

If Stewart is the type of guy fans have always talked about, then he needs to heavily consider doing the right thing by the franchise that drafted him in the first round, and gave him that contract, and take a pay cut to help the team.

He's got barely 700 total yards, and only one touchdown the last two seasons. There's no way he can sit there with a straight face, and say he is earning all of that contract.

I wish he would too, but I'll completely understand it if he didn't.  Business is business.  He didn't hold a gun to Hurney's head to get that contract.

Posted · Report post

I'm fine if he comes back healthy next season and rushes for 1000+ yds

Posted · Report post

Must have been.

Posted · Report post

If it wasnt him it would be someone else. There is always going to be some guys taking too much money while they are hurt or not performing. Every team has some, some teams are better than others. i wont argue that Hurney never made mistake contracts, however dont be surprised when we have new bad contracts from this FO in a few years. We all wanted to keep Double trouble together and we wouldnt want to have lost CJ. Hindshight is 20/20. we will field a team next year we did this year. were just going to have to be patient on some of these. 

I ain't mad at Hurney for the CJ deal.  He's an elite DE.  But, there were plenty of people who didn't want to give both DeAngelo and J. Stew big deals.  You just can't afford two big money RBs.  Hell, plenty of people would argue that you can't afford one.

Posted · Report post

I ain't mad at Hurney for the CJ deal.  He's an elite DE.  But, there were plenty of people who didn't want to give both DeAngelo and J. Stew big deals.  You just can't afford two big money RBs.  Hell, plenty of people would argue that you can't afford one.

Well at that time we had nothing more than a run game. They were killing it and were the identity of the team. The thing that hurts now is we dont get our value out of them. If we had switched to a 3/4 and CJ only had 5 sacks and about 10 tackles we would be fuming over his. My point is there are some decision you have to make that are hard, and you cant always know how it will work out. One thing that i know for a fact is that as long as there is a team, we will be griping over someones contract, its not going to change.

Posted · Report post

Hurney knew his time was short and screwed us walking out the door.

Posted · Report post

At the time he was coming off a season with over 1,050 total yards while splitting time. He'd never really lost serious time due to injury. And he did restructure last year... the problem is we already had D-Lo locked up. We should have let him walk and just went with D-Lo and Tolbert or tagged and traded him.

Posted · Report post

In exchange for retirement, JR makes him asst. conditioning coach and Pepsi salesman and pays him a handsome salary

Posted · Report post

The major problem is we gave both of them this type of contract.

We let the Seattle Playoff loss scare us into paying for 2 high dollar RB.

Posted · Report post

Get over it already.  Some of you are shitting on Stew when you should be hoping for a healthy return. Let's see what this next season brings before throwing rotten tomatoes at the guy. 

Just think what Percy Harvin has done the last couple of seasons, and yet he helped his team to secure a Lombardi Trophy last night.

1 person likes this