Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman switches scouting services

73 posts in this topic

Posted

This won't make a huge difference except in making G-man more comfortable.  It's like he's going from Windows to Mac. 

I would bet that if you take 10 random draft picks and look at the reports from each of them they'll be very similar.  With Gettleman history with BLESTRO he can probably pick up the phone and talk to any scout they have directly.  He's got a history with them and that's more important then the service they're providing comparable to National.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Gettleman talked to some of those guys last year.  It was just too last to really switch.

Posted

Would feel better if we had the same scouts as seattle. They are obviously way ahead of us and those other garbage teams in talent evaluation,

Posted

4 Superbowls in the past 8 years.  For it to be a small group, they sure are dominating the Super Bowl hunt.

Yeah, that's not exactly an exciting bunch to be with.

2 people like this

Posted

Looks like a good move on the surface. However, like so many other moves in the NFL, we will have to wait four or five years to see if this gleans some real results, especially for our later round picks. I'd like to stop cutting every single 7th rounder we pick...

Posted

Why does Gettleman need BLESTO when he already has the best scouts in the world here on the huddle?

3 people like this

Posted

In Gettleman I trust and given his background with BLESTO I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. 

Posted

“Their philosophy was the way I was raised,” Gettleman said Monday. “Height, weight, speed are important, but not the end-all, be-all. It truly was about evaluating the guy as a potential prospect and player.”

BLESTO was founded in the 1960s and is an acronym for “Bears, Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization.” The Bears and Eagles have since left BLESTO, which now is comprised of eight teams: Carolina, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota and the New York Giants.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/02/03/4661223/panthers-dave-gettleman-switch.html#.UvAjDPy9Kc0#storylink=cpy

well that's quite a roster of poo.

1 person likes this

Posted

We're the only one that made the playoffs out of that bunch

Yeah but there are four Super Bowl titles in that group since 2005

Posted

He should just register on the Huddle and take our draft advice.

4 people like this

Posted

TE every round since 2005!

1 person likes this

Posted

well that's quite a roster of poo.

Pittsburgh? And jacksonville is under new leadership now, so jury's still out on them. And Washington is known to actually have a good personnel department.. They just have idiots making the decisions lol.

Posted

He should just register on the Huddle and take our draft advice.

Mike Brown style

1 person likes this