Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*FreeFua*

Gettleman switches scouting services

73 posts in this topic

He should just register on the Huddle and take our draft advice.

Chuck, this is your time to shine...

I'd rather join a group that had more successful teams tbh. (Recent)

In Gettleman I trust and given his background with BLESTO I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.

Easy to forget he's only been here a year.

You could rightly say this is gis first full offseason here.

I can't read this enough.  i laughed when i read this so many tiimes.  i feel the passion man

Why does Gettleman need BLESTO when he already has the best scouts in the world here on the huddle?

hopefully they fired the person who recommended Kenjon Barner and Edward Kugbila.

Technically, they did.

hopefully they fired the person who recommended Kenjon Barner and Edward Kugbila. 

Honestly that's not really a fair criticism. First of all the rest of the draft was pretty solid, and the jury is still out on both of those players. Barner didn't really get a lot of touches last year, but he was also a 6th round draft pick, he's not exactly a guy that is guaranteed to produce.

Kugbila was injured, so I'm not really sure you can write him off so easily. Lets give him an off-season and see how he develops.

2 people like this

Right, because Sproles and Mathis were soooooo good in their rookie campaigns. /sarcasm

If you've already declared Kugbila and Barner busts, then you're an idiot. 

I personally love this. GMan seems to love going against the grain. I was a little worried he was the type to get caught up in measurements , but glad to know he evaluates talent from actual tape. We got ourselves a leader & a bright future.

I agree if u think Barner & KUG are bust already then your a shitty fan & should move on. One was injured for the whole season. So is Jonathan Cooper a bust for Arizona since he missed the whole season? Sproles didn't light it up immediately & showcased his talent in ST first which I see Barner doing next year. Are draft last year has produced 3 starters out if 5 picks. Damn good. Klein should start next yr.

This is not that big of a deal. Some teams use scouting services, some do not. All they do is help round out the information on the hundreds of draft eligible players.

Our own scouting department is doing the critical evaluation on players. So thinking National was responsible for Barner or Kugbila is just not accurate, whatever you think of those selections. The buck stops with our scouts and the GM when it comes to our selections.