86 replies to this topic

#1 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Tomorrow it's finally here. Who do you feel is the gem of your class? Sleeper? Who's the guy you can't lose that sounds less than solid? Who are you hoping your team closes their class out with?

For USC the gem of the class (at least till tomorrow's hopeful commits) imo is Toa Lobendahn. Versatile Offensive Lineman who can play both Guard positions, Right Tackle, and even potentially Left Tackle. Also a mention to Bryce Dixon who is the #1 TE in the Nation, and will be counted on to contribute early with Grimble leaving for the NFL and little depth behind Telfer. Not sure there's a guy USC CAN'T lose....maybe Jonathan Lockett just because the Trojans are thin at CB. That said Lockett is extremely solid. As for closing out the class. Last year of sanctions so USC only has four spots left for NSD. Damien Mama is a lock for USC which is great since you can never have enough talent at OL. Sounds like JuJu Smith is also pretty solid for USC (some rumors for Oregon recently, but seems like rumors and nothing more).

The guy that's impossible to read is Adoree Jackson, which sucks because he's the Trojans #1 recruit in the class and the guy who could be the next special WR at USC. Sounds like both Adoree's mom and sister (who he lives with in L.A.) want USC but his dad is pushing LSU. Rumors that LSU offered parents cash, but who knows. The biggest threat to USC imo is Florida because of their outstanding track program. Adoree is a track star at Serra and has aspirations to get to the Olympics so this could be a huge pull. fUCLA entered the race late, but seems like just another hat on the table more than anything. Ultimately I think USC gets their guy though. Mom pushing USC is huge, and I also think uncertainty surrounding Muschamp will cause Adoree to commit to a school who just hired a new coach and won't be pushed out anytime soon. Not to mention USC's track reputation is more than respectable. For the last spot, I think they continue their yearly dip into Florida, and grab the signature of Jacksonville's Lamont Simmons. 

More than anything, I'm excited for NSD to come and go so 2015 class can start forming. USC already flipped QB Ricky Town from Alabama, and 2015 is a huge year in CA. Highest priorities for that class include the best CB in the nation Iman Marshall from LB Poly, and Serra's Rasheem Greene, and John Houston (DT and LB).

So who's your team and what are your hopes for National Signing Day?!

#2 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Tennessee Volunteers

Gem/s: Cortez McDowell and Rashaan Gaulden. Two prospects most likely ending up at safety (McDowell at SS, Gaulden at FS) who will turn a position of weakness on UT's defense into a position of strength. Both lay the lumber and will have receivers thinking twice about coming over the middle. (runner's up: Josh Malone WR and Jalen Hurd RB)

Guy we can't lose who is less than solid: Cory Thomas DE. Committed to UT but says Clemson now leads going into NSD (not sure how that's possible, but whatever). Guy will be a fantastic player at the next level and UT needs help desperately on defense. 

Sleeper: Daniel Helm TE. Not ranked as a sleeper (4*), but is flying a bit under the radar on the national scene. I'd argue that he's the best receiving TE in the class and has good speed for the position. The question mark will be his blocking. Another sleeper who I think will be heading to the NFL is Jakob Johnson LB. German kid who has only played football for a brief time, but played in Florida and made a big impact in high school. Measurables are outstanding already (6'4 230 lbs) and may even grow large enough to put his hand in the dirt. Physical and explosive player who I think will make a huge impact. 

Guy I hope to close the class out with: A couple of weeks ago it was Adoree Jackson, but he eliminated UT. That shifts my focus to Michael Sawyers, a DE out of Ensworth in Nashville. I think he'd be a solid player at UT and would be a part of the class that returns the defense to elite status.

Overall, I think this is one of the best classes that UT has closed out with in a long, long time. 2015 is also shaping up excellently so far. The only question with this team will be if Butch Jones can get this program headed in the right direction on the field. The team has to show improvement in the results this year (a bowl, for starters) to continue attracting top-level recruits. However, I think he gets it done and I think the program will rise back to a power in the SEC again in a few more years. 

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

5* DL Solomon Thomas commits to Stanford by breaking out the nerd glasses and a tree!

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Lamont Simmons to USC, Dawgs get a big pickup in Isaiah McKenzie despite McKenzie never visiting Athens. Big time get at WR for the Dawgs.

#5 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

JC Jackson (#21 CB), Quincy Wilson (#14 QB), and Ryan Sousa (#64 WR) all Gators this signing day. Not anything shocking or game-changing, but hopefully provide depth. JC can become a starter. Wilson can as well. Sousa has a ways to go before he can be considered a starter. Could be a slot/WR2 by the time he's a junior.

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

JC Jackson (#21 CB), Quincy Wilson (#14 QB), and Ryan Sousa (#64 WR) all Gators this signing day. Not anything shocking or game-changing, but hopefully provide depth. JC can become a starter. Wilson can as well. Sousa has a ways to go before he can be considered a starter. Could be a slot/WR2 by the time he's a junior.

We're battling today for the big fish. Should be fun. Hoping Adoree listens to him mom  :cool:

#7 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hoping we can flip Treon Harris from FSU. I think that kid is going to be quality. Sources saying he's flipped, but we will see.

#8 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

We're battling today for the big fish. Should be fun. Hoping Adoree listens to him mom  :cool:

:sword:

#9 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

Simmons to USC.

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

:sword:

HAHA for sure. He's been silent since last week outside of it leaking that he took hush hush visits to both L.A. schools with his mom and sister. I've got absolutely no idea what this kid is going to do. The only thing that would SHOCK me is fUCLA and with Adoree.....maybe that's what I should expect, shock.

#11 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

Simmons to USC.

Good get for the Trojans. Underrated CB with great size. Good start to the day. Here's to hoping they hit the grand slam and finish 4-4 with Mama, JuJu, and Adoree!

#12 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

HAHA for sure. He's been silent since last week outside of it leaking that he took hush hush visits to both L.A. schools with his mom and sister. I've got absolutely no idea what this kid is going to do. The only thing that would SHOCK me is fUCLA and with Adoree.....maybe that's what I should expect, shock.

He's announcing at 2:00pm, right?

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Couple of the recruiting experts who were pumping the JuJu to the Zeros smoke are now changing their predictions to USC. Good JuJu for the Trojans? (sorry couldn't resist using that!)

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

He's announcing at 2:00pm, right?

2:10 to be exact. I know a couple of the mods on the Florida 247 site have said they feel like he stays in L.A., but I don't think anyone has an actual "source" for Adoree which is crazy. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he picked a school he "eliminated" to be completely honest.

#15 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

2:10 to be exact. I know a couple of the mods on the Florida 247 site have said they feel like he stays in L.A., but I don't think anyone has an actual "source" for Adoree which is crazy. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he picked a school he "eliminated" to be completely honest.

Last I read was a "source" said that Adoree has said nothing to either school. Who knows though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com