86 replies to this topic

#76 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

They don't live in L.A. that's why this whole thing is ridiculous. They're from the St Louis area. Adoree hasn't lived with his "parents" for three years now. He lives with his older sister and her husband. Like I said, parents aren't even the legal guardians so the whole thing is ridiculous.

Didn't know he didn't live with them, just figured with how set she was against him leaving LA that she lived there.

Another interesting one is McDowell. He hasn't sent in his LOI to MSt yet and wasn't included on the handouts they gave to the media because of that. Might be having second thoughts already, 

http://www.usatoday....arents/5209749/

Southfield, Mich. defensive end Malik McDowell picked Michigan State today and got a public blessing from his father, then both appeared to sign something at a press conference at Southfield High captured by Detroit Free Press cameras.

But Rivals.com is reporting that the paper was not the official letter of intent and that the letter had yet to be signed as of early this afternoon. What's unclear at this point is whether this is a formality or an indication of further family conflict – father Greg McDowell and mother Joya Crowe had both said publicly they don't want their son going to MSU.

#77 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Dad finally being reasonable I guess....

I'll wait till it clears compliance tho to celebrate I think.

@mitchsherman: AdoreeJackson’s father, Christopher, says LOI to be faxed soon to USC. No indecision among family, he says.

#78 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Finalllllly 

adoree_zps225c3a7b.jpg

#79 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Feel bad for McDowell.

Parents stopping him from going where he wants to go. Why can't some parents just step out of the way and let their kid make a decision for themselves. It's not like he's not going to be getting a top flight education at MST... This is just stupid. He might have to wait till he turns 18 to be able to sign the LOI and go where he wants too. 

http://www.sportswat...rving-obstacle/

Then, just days before signing day, news came out that shocked everyone.  In an interview with McDowell’s parents, both expressed strong interest in McDowell not attending Michigan State.

http://www.detroitne...RTS05/302050001

McDowell and his father, Greg McDowell, attended an event for recruits at the Hype Recreation Center in Dearborn Heights. While Malik didn’t elaborate on his delayed letter-of-intent, Greg said Malik’s mother, Joya Crowe, was holding up the process.

“I’m not legally able to do it because I’m not the custodial parent,” Greg told The Detroit News, noting that Malik is only 17. “She has to sign it and I have to sign it, too. I don’t know when it will happen. Malik has to handle that with his Mom. I’m willing to do whatever my son wants. It’s been a long process and an uneasy process.

#80 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

Can't sign a LOI for yourself unless you're over 21. His course of action if he wants to go to MSU that bad is to go to JUCO for a semester and enroll at MSU in the Spring as a Freshman. Would still have four years of eligibility that way. I fear this ends up with the kid giving in. Just like what happened with Matt Thomas and FSU/USC last year....

#81 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Decent class for Florida this year. Another big defensive haul and some good OL that fit needs. One thing that is still missing is Muschamp recruiting a group of receivers instead of just one 4-star guy and hoping he pans out. Hopefully Roper can get the best out of the group we have. I'm predicting another largely stagnant offense in Gainesville yet again.

#82 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

UNC made a big hire today imo. 

Larry Porter joins the staff has the RB coach and RC.

http://northcarolina.../2/1373570.html

Porter, the former head coach at Memphis (’10-11), has worked as running backs coach at numerous BCS-level programs. He coached running backs at Texas last fall under Mack Brown after previous stops at Arizona State, LSU and Oklahoma State.

The Jackson, Miss. native was running backs coach at Oklahoma State from 2002-04 and followed Les Miles to LSU for a five-year stint (’05-09). Porter coached for one season at ASU in 2012 before joining Brown at Texas.

During his time at LSU, Porter was elevated to assistant head coach in 2006 and was twice named Rivals.com National Recruiter of the Year (’07, ‘09).

#83 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Decent class for Florida this year. Another big defensive haul and some good OL that fit needs. One thing that is still missing is Muschamp recruiting a group of receivers instead of just one 4-star guy and hoping he pans out. Hopefully Roper can get the best out of the group we have. I'm predicting another largely stagnant offense in Gainesville yet again.

I think the Muschamp experiment should have ended after the season. Not too sure what UF's administration thinks he can accomplish there, but he hasn't shown much. He couldn't survive anything less than a high level bowl this year, could he?

#84 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think the Muschamp experiment should have ended after the season. Not too sure what UF's administration thinks he can accomplish there, but he hasn't shown much. He couldn't survive anything less than a high level bowl this year, could he?

If we make strides on offense and he gets to 8 wins, with at least one of them being a "signature win", then I'll say he gets to stay. He should have been fired before he even left Ben Hill Griffin after the Georgia Southern game. I have no faith in him.

#85 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Sounds like Adoree will start at Corner for USC. Thank you Sark! They finally have a potential lock down Corner.

#86 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

UNC ended up with a top 30 class, not bad considering everything that's been going on the last few years and the restrictions. They had all of their LOI's in by 9:10 this morning. So they are done for the day and have a full class. 

i am glad we had no surprises and like the class. i know many look to Hood to be a great help but I am looking for some to come in and help upgrade the defense.

#87 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

i am glad we had no surprises and like the class. i know many look to Hood to be a great help but I am looking for some to come in and help upgrade the defense.

Yeah i'm much less worried about the O.

You are gonna love Tyrell Tomlin. Seen him play in person. Kid is fast for his size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com