Photo
- - - - -

Doug Baldwin rips Chris Carter. Can't say I blame him.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Perhaps Chris Carter will think twice about criticizing young receivers, really for no reason as far as I am concerned. I thought that he was a classier guy than that, but apparently I was wrong. Why throw shade on the guys before the big game to the extent that he did as opposed to keeping criticism more general and generic, if say anything at all?

Baldwin obviously took offense:

"Ya'll listen to me loud and clear," he said. "Ya'll listening? You hear me? For all ya'll who called us, the receiving corps, 'average', 'pedestrian,' and 'appetizers,' I'm not going to say any names, but he knows who he is. I respect what you did on the field. But stick to football, stick to playing football because your analytical skills aren't up to par yet . . . You need to go back and not do it half-ass. You're saying some stuff that didn't really make sense."

"That dude that said we were appetizers, he told me to Google him," Baldwin said. "And I did Google him, but I didn't see any Super Bowl appearances, and I also saw two losses in the conference championships. So I have a Super Bowl ring that I will gladly show to him. And if he doesn't have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it."

Showcasing a lack of class, Carter responded by referencing Baldwin's status as the third or fourth receiver amid some other drivel that basically makes me wonder if there was a little jealousy at play.  Anyway, as I see it, he should be trying to be a positive influence to younger receivers, regardless if he perceives them as average or not.  I certainly don't see why he'd be throwing shade on receivers who seem to work as hard and/or with a certain modicum of passion like Baldwin or Golden Tate.

#2 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Chris Carter is a world class dipshit.

#3 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Didnt chris never get along with media people and was known as being a prick/dick? I think I remember reading a while back that people thought it could potentially keep him out of the HoF due to those are the people who vote him in?

If that is the reputation he had years after playing the game then it doesnt surprise me a bit he would be mouthy with current players after not playing for 15 years. He was a great player but him and espn should probably tell him to hush up in the future or could make his employer get mad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#4 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

That second quote is priceless. But lets be honest the '98 Vikings were a better team than the '13 Seahawks.

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Chris Carter earned his voice and is 100% right. Without that D Seattle is a 8 win team at best. None of their WR's scare anyone.

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,809 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

None of their WR's scare anyone.

I think you are being a bit overly harsh. They didn't seem to have trouble putting up receiving yards on our defense last year.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

That's a joke right?

#8 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,809 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

They won the Super Bowl, I don't see the need to be so bitter, hey to each his own I guess.

#9 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Carter was a good player in his era, but there is no need for people to call players average.  That's almost as bad as Sherman calling Crabtree sorry, but at least his statement came in the heat of battle.  On paper, they don't scare anyone but they get the job done.

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

#11 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,809 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Yet players like Dan Marino, and Barry Sanders never won one. Ultimately it's all that matters, and defines a player. I doubt any of the Seahawks players will care about petty media/fan opinions when they receiver their rings. I hope one day our team experiences that.

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, the ring is all that matters.

Whatever

#13 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Chris Carter earned his voice and is 100% right. Without that D Seattle is a 8 win team at best. None of their WR's scare anyone.

That should give us all a lot of hope as long as we maintain our D.

#14 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,417 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

100 percent right?  Come on, JOAT. I am old enough to know how Carter was when he was these receivers' age, and he needs to basically shut the hell up.  The Seattle receiving corps may not strike fear in the hearts of the opposition, but they are better and more adept at making big plays when necessary than advertised (a.k.a. underrated).  You take a top D off  most teams, and they will lose a marked number of games comparatively.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com