125 replies to this topic

#121 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Huddle rationale:

Broncos winning with Peyton Manning - "We all know Peyton runs that team and Fox has nothing to do with it and is just a figurehead".

Broncos get blown out in Super Bowl - "Hahahaha Fox blew it, all his fault, damn he sucks at play calling and can't coach".

I don't think that is the case at all and it way oversimplifies the criticism. The first part is true, Manning and company steamrolled all season long and Fox was never called upon to come up with brilliant game plans or adjustments. Then in the SB when Manning was choking and Seattle's defense was stifling Fox was called upon for his coaching prowess. the rest is history.

I love this nugget from a Broncos forum:

"John Fox held the Broncos back from winning more with The Golden Calf of Bristol and that impressive defense and everyone knows it- nice try. Run, run, run, punt; you remember that? Or how about the fact the offense was complete crap until the coaches opened up the play book with 1 minute left in the game. Or how about the fact Fox tried to roll with Kyle freaking Orton originally that season..

There are very few coaches who have been around as long as him and been so terribly unsuccessful. Guy is worthless in his profession. Nothing against the guy but he doesn't deserve credit for anything- he's never accomplished anything."

#122 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

then you really don't know what a strawman is.which is strange because you have used one multiple times in this discussion. So now you are saying just slim chance? You are dropping the none? Well that is obvious as you have no choice but to drop it because it is ridiculous as I originally said it was.Calling your own argument  strawman is genius.

"Slim to none" is just an expression that means very little chance. 

Based on 2010 league wide stats, there was very little chance (15%) of converting on 3rd and long with a draw play and I think it's reasonable to assume that the 2011, 2012 and 2013 stats would also show there is very little chance of converting on 3rd and long with a draw play. 

Is that fair to say? 

#123 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

"Slim to none" is just an expression that means very little chance. 

Based on 2010 league wide stats, there was very little chance (15%) of converting on 3rd and long with a draw play and I think it's reasonable to assume that the 2011, 2012 and 2013 stats would also show there is very little chance of converting on 3rd and long with a draw play. 

Is that fair to say? 

every play is unique and has a chance, has the ability to make it work.Again with the D pinning their ears back a draw does more than just attempt to gain yds. It also makes the D hesitate to make sure what the play is which opens up passing plays.

#124 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

I don't think that is the case at all and it way oversimplifies the criticism. The first part is true, Manning and company steamrolled all season long and Fox was never called upon to come up with brilliant game plans or adjustments. Then in the SB when Manning was choking and Seattle's defense was stifling Fox was called upon for his coaching prowess. the rest is history.

I love this nugget from a Broncos forum:

"John Fox held the Broncos back from winning more with The Golden Calf of Bristol and that impressive defense and everyone knows it- nice try. Run, run, run, punt; you remember that? Or how about the fact the offense was complete crap until the coaches opened up the play book with 1 minute left in the game. Or how about the fact Fox tried to roll with Kyle freaking Orton originally that season..

There are very few coaches who have been around as long as him and been so terribly unsuccessful. Guy is worthless in his profession. Nothing against the guy but he doesn't deserve credit for anything- he's never accomplished anything."

1500 miles away, yet strangely familiar....  

#125 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,109 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

1500 miles away, yet strangely familiar....

Nah dude Carolina fans have just been ungrateful and spoiled this entire time....

#126 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,782 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

say what you will about fox but he always had his men ready to play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com