Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you weren't convinced already that BleacherReport sucks.

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Terrible 

Posted

Selections: QB Cam Newton, DT Terrell McClain, DT Sione Fua

The Panthers reached for Newton, in our opinion, and drafted a player not ready to lead in the NFL right away. Newton was a one-year starter at Auburn and will struggle to adapt to the NFL game early on in his career.

Without a second-round pick due to a 2011 trade with the Patriots, the Panthers are left waiting until Round 3 to find a defensive tackle to anchor a very young defensive line.

Terrell McClain is a good option as a three-technique defensive tackle.

Sione Fua is a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. He will be able to line up next to McClain and give the Panthers a solid one-two punch at tackle.

1 person likes this

Posted

Find more!! I love things like this.

Just read today that Andre Williams was a 2 star recruit coming into college.

Now he's top 5 all-time in single season rushing yards.

Posted

Anyone that still uses slideshows to up their page count should be blown up in the next Michael Bay film.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

4 people like this

Posted

i remember a bleacher report article a couple years ago that predicted pete carroll and jim harbaugh would only last 3 years tops with their teams and that raheem morris would lead the bucs to a super bowl within 5 years

Posted

Keep in mind I get REALLY bored at work sometimes. Well before the start of last season I watched the BR NFC South preview video. (Having watched everything else.) This turd was on a panel of 3. Don't remember who the other guy was that agreed with him but when they got to the Panthers he made a snide comment about Luke not deserving DROY. Other guy jumped in and they kinda did the whole "Don't even get me started on that topic" 

So basically everything that comes out of this guys mouth is a bunch of poo.

I tend to look at sites like BR and Walterfootball just to get exposure to names that I didn't know about, not actually see who is projected to us in later rounds. 

Posted

I mean anyone can write an article there.

You. Me.

That's why it sucks, there are few consistent, quality contributions.

Posted

In fairness to the BR:

Many Huddlers were irate when we drafted Kuechly. 

At the time,there were statements made that many on here probably agreed with.

20/20 hindsight. 

I was upset when we drafted Jon Beason.  I got excited when we nabbed Dwayne Jarrett in the second round.  And I was certiain I knew the needs and market.

Posted

Everyone is totally wrong sometimes. This is not exclusive to BR, a place where the average Joe can have their opinions published. Just like the Huddle has good posters and bad posters, the BR has good writers and bad writers---great analysts and terrible analysts.  You have to pick and choose what has value to you, and disregard the rest (kind of like choosing threads). Even still, sometimes knowledgeable people can totally whiff on scouting prospects and projections. It's just the nature of the beast.

1 person likes this