#1 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

This is what I got from it:

Q: If you were drafted by Panthers

A; I would be excited.  Focused on training to help my team when a super bowl.  6’5” 234. 

Q: SO many people are saying Kelvin Benjamin.  How does that make you feel? (laughs)

A: “Go to show up.  What the sport is all about.  Fans.”

Q: Caller.  Some crackhead calls in and starts talking about FSU crap—Stay healthy-love to see you in Carolina. 

Q: About WR beside Steve Smith

“Thank you.  Steve Smith good physical route runner. Love to play beside him, under him, learn a lot from him.”

Q: Another question that asks him to come to Carolina. 

1. “The decision is not up to me.  If I become a CP, I will get y’all where you supposed to be.”

Q:  Marc refers to Rivera’s comment then leaves it.  Comes back but does not follow up…Rivera about Benjamin:    “He is a big solid WR, plays with his hands and did some good things”

Q: (Marc starts babbling about the super bowl and undrafted WRs catching passes, then transitions to having played with 2 NFL QBs—did not follow up on Rivera’s comments, which I thought was the poiint for quoting RR.  Now starts blabbing aout Florida St.)” I am a hurricane, etc etc etc.  Just pulled the guest away from the audience to let him know that he likes Miami U.  Referring to Miami as “we.” What a joke)

Q: What would you bring to the Panthers:  “No days off.  Great teammate. I believe in teamwork.  Nobody bigger than the others.”

Also, a great place to raise a family.  

Q: What area do you need to improve:

A: “Route running, too high, leads to drops.  Try to run before I catch the ball…Stay low in and out of breaks”

Q: Could Richard Sherman cover you?

A: I love to compete-I would give him a run for his money.

Q: Who do you compare to?

A: Calvin Johnson. 

Q: What is ball park figure of 40 time:

A:  We have not run it yet—doing other stuff.

Final thoughts = Great leader,  push the team,  compete , love to win.  Lost 2 games in HS, 4 in college. 

Q: What # would you want? 

A: 2

Q: I don’t think they let you wear 2 in college (Yes, he said College).  You will get something in the 80s.

A: Laughs.

Mercifully, interview over. HOWEVER, Marc starts babbling about how he did not ask him about marijuana becuase it would probably hurt Benjamin's draft stock.  Wrong on many levels.

#2 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'm not sold on benjamin. dude's a giant but has stone hands and runs sloppy routes... then there's the stuff I've been reading about his off the field issues. there are others I like ahead of him. 

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

he won't be a panther

#4 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'm not sold on benjamin. dude's a giant but has stone hands and runs sloppy routes... then there's the stuff I've been reading about his off the field issues. there are others I like ahead of him. 

I must have read the same thing.  A lot of big WRs bust.  The ones that don't are solid workers, pretty fast, and have solid hands.  I am scared that we would be beginning a spree through WRs like detroit did before they hit paydirt with Calvin. 

I am actually interested in Odell, Abbrederis (I know that I did not spell that right), and Lee.

#5 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

he won't be a panther

I am actually scared that he will, but I trust Gettlemen.

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Odell beckham

#7 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

what off field issues? I did see that he got started at FSU a little late. 

If this draft is supposed to be "loaded" with WR talent (according to analysts/experts) - I just hope we don't take a guy too soon when we have bigger needs and their may be better options (like a CB or OT) in the first. Benjamin is an inticing prospect though. 

#8 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,634 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Kiper and McShay have us taking Benjamin (Kiper) and Cooks (McShay).

#9 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Odell beckham

Jarvis Landry

#10 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Highlights:

These "highlights" are against DUKE and NC STATE - so you've gotta take what you see from him here with a HUGE grain of salt. He handled scrub teams pretty well. According to draft dudes, he's still pretty raw. 

#11 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,636 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Odell beckham

I'd MUCH rather have the better receiver on that team......

#12 TheNewStandard

TheNewStandard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I thought Mar(with a "c")k James was a Razorback...wtfug is he doing riding theU's jock?

He just likes to stir the pot...he won't be in Charlotte long...and probably doesn't plan on it.

#13 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Incredible potential. Big game experience. Good producer. Has so far demonstrated good character. Would have the best position coach in the game along with a HoF mentor.

I don't understand the "DO NOT WANT" sentiment.

Stop being scared of greatness. BPA doesn't mean "Safest Player Avaliable." It's okay to take a chance.

#14 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Especially at 28.

#15 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

what off field issues? I did see that he got started at FSU a little late. 

If this draft is supposed to be "loaded" with WR talent (according to analysts/experts) - I just hope we don't take a guy too soon when we have bigger needs and their may be better options (like a CB or OT) in the first. Benjamin is an inticing prospect though. 

I don't know of any, other than work ethic was questionable when he was a freshman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com