31 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

This thread would be more accurate if it was titled "war on woman"

Like everything else the RNC trots out these days about such matters, it's always one oddball thing to one person that gets taken out of context and shaped to try and do anything they can to appeal to the demographics they are losing with actually doing anything to appeal to the demographics they are losing.

#17 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

This thread would be more accurate if it was titled "war on woman"

Like everything else the RNC trots out these days about such matters, it's always one oddball thing to one person that gets taken out of context and shaped to try and do anything they can to appeal to the demographics they are losing with actually doing anything to appeal to the demographics they are losing.

Their political tactics have always been wretched but they've become insane in the last decade.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,694 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

Their political tactics have always been wretched but they've become insane in the last decade.

we can trace the blame to the unwitting teachings of charles hodge and his immediate predecessors in the late 19th century for unconsciously setting in motion a series of circumstances that would change american theological dynamics that would mix toxicly with particular political climates and eventually develop the conservative political landscape we see today. people simply don't realize that the evangelicals haven't been a truly vocal, powerful force until the past 20-30 years, and during that time everything has changed.

i can't cite you a direct source that corroborates that narrative (not because there isn't one but because i haven't looked) but i think it's a strong case to be made.

#19 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

we can trace the blame to the unwitting teachings of charles hodge and his immediate predecessors in the late 19th century for unconsciously setting in motion a series of circumstances that would change amerbican theological dynamics that would mix toxicly with particular political climates and eventually develop the conservative political landscape we see today. people simply don't realize that the evangelicals haven't been a truly vocal, powerful force until the past 20-30 years, and during that time everything has changed.

i can't cite you a direct source that corroborates that narrative (not because there isn't one but because i haven't looked) but i think it's a strong case to be made.

I agree. Every major religion promotes tolerance far more than hate. With the perversion of religion as a political tool in the industrial era (and numerous other eras throughout history) religion becomes a weapon to manipulate the masses to justify all manner of atrocities.

The problem we see today is the subtle use of this tactic. This is far more dangerous than overt tactics used in the Crusades for example.

Our supposed religious leaders convince their flock to hate platforms and ideas that they (or their employers) have an agenda to suppress. By inserting religion they are able to ramp up a fanatical hate filled fervor against any idea that suit their personal world view.

These tactics have served to polarize the populace and all but eliminate compromise and cause people to forget that we are far more alike than alien to one another.

It frightens me to think of how great a stressor will have to be to once again convince the people to work towards a common goal.

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Ms Fluke wants the gov to pay for her birth control pills and that is a legitimate war on women

The gov actually sends all manner of its forces against an actual female citizen for having another point of view, but that is swallowed by the left as some mumbo jumbo religious complaint.

This is just perfect

#21 GWBNostrils

GWBNostrils

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Bridgeghazi!!! Never forget

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Ms Fluke wants the gov to pay for her birth control pills and that is a legitimate war on women

The gov actually sends all manner of its forces against an actual female citizen for having another point of view, but that is swallowed by the left as some mumbo jumbo religious complaint.

This is just perfect

From the very first word you typed, everything you typed was bullshit. Every single word.

The fact that you started out by trotting out that completely incorrect statement about Sandra Fluke, having completely accepted it as fact in your mind, would show you how lopsided a "battle" this actually is, but you probably will not be able to get to that point.

#23 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

This is just perfect

stirs? As in the proverbial "pot"?

#24 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

You guys are like robots.

#25 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Most Republicans say that Bush was a joke. Unlike most Dems who continue to slobber all over Obama's johnson.....no matter what he does or says.

Kinda like how repubs are on the johnson of the Waltons and Koch Brothers

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Why do the crazed right wingers keep using penis slobbering metaphors?

#27 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Why do the crazed right wingers keep using penis slobbering metaphors?

Because they have no logical argument or gripe.
Most of them are content to regurgitate Fox News or their uninformed local pastor.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Crazed Right Winger: OBAMA HAS A WAR ON WOMEN!!!!! IF THEY DONT LOVE HIM

Me: That's one lady making accusations. That's not a war on women.

Crazed Right Winger: STOP SLOBBERING ALL OVER OBAMAS GIANT LONG PULSING EBONY DING A LING

#29 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,949 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

IO1qFTe.gif

#30 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,029 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Because they have no logical argument or gripe.
Most of them are content to regurgitate Fox News or their uninformed local pastor.

That's real problem on both sides. 

I was visiting a new church I was thinking about joining about a year ago and the Pastor brought up Oprah and Obama, I left during his sermon. I came for God's word, not your thoughts on how the country should be ran.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com