Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The highlight of my day; a fellow huddler's personal injury update on Jonathan Stewart!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

So... Yesterday after work me and my buddy go into the Cracker Barrel here in my college town to get some pancakes, and the place is completely empty except one table. At the one table sits JStew and his mother! Once they started having coffee I went up to him and introduced myself and told him how big of a fan I was. I told him I thought he is the most underrated back in the game and that he became one of my favorite players when he laid that deadly stiff arm on Ronde Barber on MNF. I asked him how his leg was feeling and he said he was feeling good and has already started doing things full speed. He must have been telling the truth because him and his mom were on their way to a ski vacation on one of our slopes up here.

Talking with Jonathan Stewart was an awesome experience. It's so nice to see that some athletes are humble and really appreciate their fans. Not to mention his mother was one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. I could tell she was very proud when she said I'm his mother. And she also was more than happy to take our picture. I'm so glad he took a few minutes to speak with us because I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Happy Friday Huddlers!

Attached File  1157412_10152004045683752_1227023723_n.jpg   58.54KB   108 downloads

#2 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

Stew is actually pretty shy.  Nothing against the man, I would just like to see him play.  If you take his salary and break it down over his entire career, he makes some people's annual salary for every yard he has gained.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Is that Coach K next to Stew?

#4 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

And I sure hope he is healthy. We could use some production out of him.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

I cant see why nobody can ever post up a pic of them with the player they said they met. I just cant.

Still, if I was Stew I would stay away from the slope for now. We're paying him big time money to be on the field, not the slope. If he was giving us production I wouldnt care. But, hes not.

#6 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Stewie is one of those truely nice guys in the NFL.  Everything you hear about him, you never hear anything bad about his personality.

I hope that he can make a full recovery, come back next year and be a productive member of the team.  He's been one of our best players when he's been on the field.  Alas for recurrent injuries.  Hopefully he earns his pay check this year, and we're all thrilled t to have him on our team.

#7 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

So... Yesterday after work me and my buddy go into the Cracker Barrel here in my college town to get some pancakes, and the place is completely empty except one table. At the one table sits JStew and his mother! Once they started having coffee I went up to him and introduced myself and told him how big of a fan I was. I told him I thought he is the most underrated back in the game and that he became one of my favorite players when he laid that deadly stiff arm on Ronde Barber on MNF. I asked him how his leg was feeling and he said he was feeling good and has already started doing things full speed. He must have been telling the truth because him and his mom were on their way to a ski vacation on one of our slopes up here.

Talking with Jonathan Stewart was an awesome experience. It's so nice to see that some athletes are humble and really appreciate their fans. Not to mention his mother was one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. I could tell she was very proud when she said I'm his mother. And she also was more than happy to take our picture. I'm so glad he took a few minutes to speak with us because I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Happy Friday Huddlers!

attachicon.gif1157412_10152004045683752_1227023723_n.jpg

Very cool.  My buddy lives in the same building as J Stew downtown so I ran into him and Kenny Moore in the elevator one night and like you said he is a really nice guy.  He was very personable and spoke to my wife and I.  Hope he can stay healthy next year.

#8 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

carolina-chuck, on 07 Feb 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

I cant see why nobody can ever post up a pic of them with the player they said they met. I just cant.

What does that even mean?

#9 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,423 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

#10 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,673 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

in the other thread, i was only joking about sending a huddler out to spy on stew.  

#11 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

98.7% chance you didn't just stumble upon him that early at Cracker Barrel. You saw where he tweeted he was going there and you stalked him down, didn't you?

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

why is he on teh slopes?!?!?!? he should be out on the field right naow scoring touchdowns!!!!!!!!

lol

#13 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

The Boone Cracker Barrel sucks.

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

So spill...

Did JStew buy the Horseshoes with the rings game or an Aunt Bee Cookbook?

Seriously though, good story and good pic.

#15 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

I remember him posting on twitter the other day about going to cracker barrel to eat in Boone. He was asking was anyone near him. Cool post !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com