#91 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

I am not sure why everyone thinks Nicks will give us a huge hometown discount unless he has to take a one year contract to reestablish himself. I am not sure what we gain if we cut DWILL given the caphit we will take.To me DEdwards is still productive in our rotation. At this point it is all speculation.

absolutely. There is no news coming from the panther camp saying we looking at Nicks. I think the cap issues make it hard to go after him unless he in fact does give a discount a deep one at that.I think there are some teams out there willing to pay a little more than we are able to at this time.

I like keeping DWill and Edwards as well.

#92 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,976 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

true. I am not really hot and heavy for Decker anyways. AS far as WR's go and the draft depth I would probably prefer all draft picks at WR.in other words not even go FA for that position.

One of many records of my thoughts on WR. None of which say I only like NIcks.in fact my position is that I would not mnd having him but really don't see that as the best first option for us in the off season. The depth of the draft at WR is my focus and where i would start and finish.

#93 Ketchup

Ketchup

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

I keep reading we need 1 r 2 Wr s in the draft or fa and that we don't have the money. Sorry we need to look at ( Don t hate ). Cutting Smitty. His age and production. I love him to but Father time is always a winner . Before you all start remember Delhome stayed to long and even Montana got cut for money reasons

#94 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

It would be a bad move to tie up so much money into 1 position (DE). I cant see Gman doing such. 

No, I can't either  so,trading Hardy prior to the draft may very well be the best move for the Panthers given the likely outcomes. 

They simply can't afford to gut the team in order to pay another elite pass rusher, and the NY Jets showed that there is plenty of room for a team to deal an elite defender on a franchise tag. They received a first and fourth round pick for Darrelle Revis in 2012, opening the door for the Panthers to do a similar trade.

#95 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,509 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

I just don't see a way in which Hardy stays a Panther. The team just doesn't have the cap space to give him 12+ million, then have the money to fill in about 6 starters and a bunch of key depth. That's not even considering Cam is at the least going to be making 17 million in 2015. 

#96 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

This offseason is a critical offseason for us. We can either build on our momentum or continue to be an inconsistent franchise. After taking a few weeks to get over the loss to the Ninersi started to think about this offseason. This is what I expect or at least think will happen.

The Panthers start off by franchising Hardy and eventually signing him after they lock up Cam.

I think Cam gets a contract that will make him our franchise QB for the majority of his career.

I believe Jordan Gross signs a 2 year deal that is team friendly.

I expect the Panthers to work out deals with Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, and Ted Ginn.

I expect the Panthers to cut loose Charles Godfrey and Dwan Edwards, as well as take a long look at Chase Blackburn.

I truly believe Hakeem Nicks takes a team friendly prove it short term contract with his hometown team.

Finally I expect and really believe DeAngelo Williams will be a July 1 cut

strike 1

#97 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,741 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

0 for 1

#98 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

no good will come from this

#99 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

well to be fair - this off season hasn't exactly started out well for any of us. Gross abruptly retires, legitimate rumors floating around about Smith being a cap casualty, and our chances look bad regarding Greg Hardy. 

#100 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

no good will come from this

nothing ever good comes from a NJPanther's thread

#101 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Tag & trade Hardy to the Giants they love their DE. GMan has a relationship with them or we could trade Hardy to the Giants swap 1st round picks & pick up a 1st & 3rd next yr. Would allow us to get are LT or #1 CB. Wouldn't kill the Giants his year & could fill some holes before next yr.

#102 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

I said what I believe will happen. I never said an inside source. I don't know Jordan personally nor has he told me anything. Not sure how this would be a strike but love when people bring back my threads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com