120 replies to this topic

#106 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for all you did Hardy, we can't afford you.  Good luck in all your future endeavors, except when you play against us.

#107 Bogart

Bogart

Village Idiot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

It's really simple. CJ, for as good as he is, was over paid by Hurney as been said by many before. Hardy wants to be over paid as well and we simply cannot afford it. He gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#108 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Average 1 sack per game? 1/2 the games this season he did not have a sack? = CJ money?

nope

#109 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

There have been some great defensive front 7s in Panthers history with some elite, hall of fame d-ends and 3-4 outside linebackers. I can't 100% say this is the best line in Panthers history. That said, no one, not Greene/White/Peppers none of the great players we've had have ever had a 15 sack season

Hardy tied the team record of 15 sacks. Kevin Greene also had a 15 sack season with the Panthers.

#110 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

. Yes the deserves a good contract. But not for he is asking for.

That is the point. He hasn't asked for anything. Some guy at cbssports.com is guessing what he wants.

In fact the only thing he has said is that he is open to a hometown discount.

#111 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,580 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

That is the point. He hasn't asked for anything. Some guy at cbssports.com is guessing what he wants.

To be fair-

1. He's asked for something or has a number in mind, we just don't know what it is

2. Discount isn't the only thing he said. Crapload of money is a quote of his.

He's worth the contract he's likely asking for, but we may just not be in a position to give it to him. While I do think they should get what they can while they can, I also think they should remember their place on the team and not try to cripple the entire unit, like Brees.

#112 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

This is a persons story so take everything he says and reverse it and you prob have a better picture of what's happening.

#113 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Gettleman ACTUALLY said we're not letting him leave without compensation. Re-watch his presser.

Yea even if they straight up just let him walk the Panthers would still probably get a 3rd round compensatory selection.  So yea there would be compensation no matter what.  Doesn't change anything.

#114 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,580 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

That depends on a lot of factors, weak logic at best.

#115 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Crapload of money is a quote of his.

He's worth the contract he's likely asking for

Taking out the personal fan bias from the equation here, yes I like Hardy a lot, but I have doubts that he is worth elite DE money.

#116 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

He has asked for money, a crapload of it. He said that the franchise tag of 12 million would work for him till Carolina gets out of cap problems and could sign him to a long term deal.

His idea of a hometown discount was 10 million off a hundred million dollar contract. 

He's looking for a brink's truck to be backed up in his driveway. When he was on here and posting and pieing people, I said that he would be asking for big time money and he pied it. I believe the contract I posted was a 6 year deal worth in excess of 70 million dollars. 

#117 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

RIP kraken

#118 panthers4dawin

panthers4dawin

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I came out with this same story a week ago....same headline. Same introduction. Continue following Joe Person for your story's a week late as he apparently waits to read mine. I did find his cap information valuable, but also questionable.

I'm the Panthers Columnist for football.com Not gonna spam my articles every post but this article kinda ticked me off that it was a week after mine, and i question how he came up with the story, titile, and introduction if he didn't read mine.

http://www.football....ase-the-kraken/

#119 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I came out with this same story a week ago....same headline. Same introduction. Continue following Joe Person for your story's a week late as he apparently waits to read mine. I did find his cap information valuable, but also questionable.

I'm the Panthers Columnist for football.com Not gonna spam my articles every post but this article kinda ticked me off that it was a week after mine, and i question how he came up with the story, titile, and introduction if he didn't read mine.

Interesting. 

#120 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Nothing would surprise anyone about Joe Person. He's basically a running joke around here. Even Panthers players don't like him. Don't even get us started on the lazy, careless, and irresponsible reporting that he considers journalism. He's the absolute last guy most Panthers fans look to for real news about the team. We support the real journalists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.