Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

tumblr_lvy6lcv76I1r5vyvbo1_500.jpg

#47 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

We're still not out of the cap mess and I hope the players know that.

#48 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

If you think he will take 11-12M, you are an idiot.

That is the price for a bottom tier starter in this league.  He will demand in the 17-20M range.

Did you not see what I was replying to??? I never said I thought he would take that amount, I said it would be around $15mil. I was saying that maybe 11-12m is his worth based on his play, but I agree with everyone else that as a franchise QB he's worth at least $15mil. Try reading my entire response next time, idiot. 

#49 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

We're still not out of the cap mess and I hope the players know that.

Of course they know that. But the NFL doesn't stop running just because one general manager handed out some bad contracts.

#50 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

In all seriousness his option year is worth 17+, so start there for your yearly contract projections. Most likely looking at a range of 17-21 million a year, there's a good chance that he becomes the highest paid QB in the NFL. 

People on here really need to get used to the idea that cam is going to get a 100 million dollar contract. If Cam ask for a 7 year deal, which I believe he probably would. You're looking at a deal worth close to 140 million dollars with probably 55-60 of it guaranteed. 

7 years, 137 million, 55 million guaranteed. Roughly 19 million a year. 

#51 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,262 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Did you not see what I was replying to??? I never said I thought he would take that amount, I said it would be around $15mil. I was saying that maybe 11-12m is his worth based on his play, but I agree with everyone else that as a franchise QB he's worth at least $15mil. Try reading my entire response next time, idiot. 

still don't think 11-12 based on play is right.

He led us to 12-4 and a division title.  That is not low tier results.

Try writing something coherently next time....fuging idiot.

#52 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

QB pay going up (absurdly) and the cap staying flat, has, in essence, lowered the cap number for the other 52.

Good news, is you have good players like Ginn, Mitchell, and Capt. playing on 1 year deals, but it's awfully tough time keeping good talent to lock up long term.

As for Cam's deal, look to Rivers, Cutler, Ryan as a starting point.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,262 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

QB pay going up (absurdly) and the cap staying flat, has, in essence, lowered the cap number for the other 52.

Good news, is you have good players like Ginn, Mitchell, and Capt. playing on 1 year deals, but it's awfully tough time keeping good talent to lock up long term.

As for Cam's deal, look to Rivers, Cutler, Ryan as a starting point.

Exactly....and they are NOT in the 11-12M per season range.

#54 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,321 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

qKSn2LB.gif?1

#55 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

There are 32 teams in the NFL.

There are less than 32 humans in the world capable of playing high caliber NFL QB.

As long as this is the case, teams will "overpay" for QB's

#56 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

^ And there's only ONE GOAT, and he just so happens to currently wear number "1" for the Carolina Panthers.  Pay the man. 

#57 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

still don't think 11-12 based on play is right.

He led us to 12-4 and a division title.  That is not low tier results.

Try writing something coherently next time....fuging idiot.

To be honest the 11-12 was just humoring the idiot I was responding to who was saying he deserves 8-9. If you missed my original original post, I'll sum it up for you: "Hopefully he'll take somewhere in the 15-17 range." And no need to insult me, we're all Panthers here. 

#58 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,262 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

To be honest the 11-12 was just humoring the idiot I was responding to who was saying he deserves 8-9. If you missed my original original post, I'll sum it up for you: "Hopefully he'll take somewhere in the 15-17 range." And no need to insult me, we're all Panthers here. 

Fair points.

I do not even think he will take 15-17.  I think he wants to get paid big....especially with him playing under the rookie scale for the first 4 years of his career.

#59 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Fair points.

I do not even think he will take 15-17.  I think he wants to get paid big....especially with him playing under the rookie scale for the first 4 years of his career.

We'll see, but the less the better. Obviously if he says "$20m or I'll go somewhere else" then we gotta pay the man, but lets hope he takes a tad less and lets us get more talent on the team. 15-17 would be ideal, and that is absolutely no chump change. If I were a damn NFL QB playing for a contender like the Panthers I'd take $5m a year to help the team. He'll be set for life no matter how much he makes, so lets hope he does whats best for the team and doesn't demand absurd amounts. Look what Joe Flacco did to the Ravens! Think, had he been paid reasonably, they could've kept Boldin and other key pieces and been in the playoffs, and we would've beat the Boldin-less Niners. Instead they missed the playoffs and their offense blows (not just Boldin, but they lost a lot of key pieces both O and D because of Flacco's big money).

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,262 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

We'll see, but the less the better. Obviously if he says "$20m or I'll go somewhere else" then we gotta pay the man, but lets hope he takes a tad less and lets us get more talent on the team. 15-17 would be ideal, and that is absolutely no chump change. If I were a damn NFL QB playing for a contender like the Panthers I'd take $5m a year to help the team. He'll be set for life no matter how much he makes, so lets hope he does whats best for the team and doesn't demand absurd amounts. Look what Joe Flacco did to the Ravens! Think, had he been paid reasonably, they could've kept Boldin and other key pieces and been in the playoffs, and we would've beat the Boldin-less Niners. Instead they missed the playoffs and their offense blows (not just Boldin, but they lost a lot of key pieces both O and D because of Flacco's big money).

Here is what most fans either forget or fail to grasp.....there is very little team loyalty with players (unlike fans).  It is a business for these guys....and VERY seldom will a player give a discount to stay with a specific team.  It does happen....but more than not it is a business decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.