- - - - -

Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart Pushes Fan In Stands

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

Several sources on twitter, among them Julius Hodge and Bomani Jones, are saying Smart told his coaches immediately after the tech was called that the guy did call him the n-word.

The fan should be banned from games regardless of the outcome with Smart's situation.

Yes, the fan should be banned from games if that's what he said. Marcus should also be kicked off the team regardless.

As bad as a racial slur is, it isn't an excuse to assault someone.

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

Yes, the fan should be banned from games if that's what he said. Marcus should also be kicked off the team regardless.

As bad as a racial slur is, it isn't an excuse to assault someone.

If that's what the guy said, which I have no doubt it was, then he deserved a lot more than getting pushed back into his seat, lol.  It's up to the individual whom the racial slur was used against whether or not it's reason enough to assault the instigator, imo...

A reporter from the oklahoman last night tweeted that the fan actually texted a friend (who shared it with the reporter), that he "may have gotten carried away," and "said some things he shouldn't have."  So, I think the fan knows he's (the fan) an idiot and is rightfully trying to accept responsibility for the whole thing so that he won't catch the backlash if Smart is suspended. 

I suspected a racial slur was the cause initially, but I still felt that Smart had to walk away from that.  Now KNOWING that the slur was indeed the cause, while Smart shouldn't have retaliated or even acknowledged the idiot fan, he should not be held responsible for his actions.  John Lucas III also tweeted last night that he remembered that same fan from taunting him during his college years and then there's video of the guy flipping off an A&M player while at the FT line...  He deserved it.

#18 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Fan asked for it. It's not that big a deal.

#19 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

If that's what the guy said, which I have no doubt it was, then he deserved a lot more than getting pushed back into his seat, lol. It's up to the individual whom the racial slur was used against whether or not it's reason enough to assault the instigator, imo...

A reporter from the oklahoman last night tweeted that the fan actually texted a friend (who shared it with the reporter), that he "may have gotten carried away," and "said some things he shouldn't have." So, I think the fan knows he's (the fan) an idiot and is rightfully trying to accept responsibility for the whole thing so that he won't catch the backlash if Smart is suspended.

I suspected a racial slur was the cause initially, but I still felt that Smart had to walk away from that. Now KNOWING that the slur was indeed the cause, while Smart shouldn't have retaliated or even acknowledged the idiot fan, he should not be held responsible for his actions. John Lucas III also tweeted last night that he remembered that same fan from taunting him during his college years and then there's video of the guy flipping off an A&M player while at the FT line... He deserved it.

No...

Just because some idiot says a word that hurts your feelings it does not make it okay to physically assault them.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,496 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hes falling right ontop our laps now!

#21 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I'm not black so I can never truly understand the impact of that word to someone who is.

#22 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

I put this here because I know some guys have discussed him as a prospect, well, I have a feeling he is freefalling his way out of the draft.

So he committed a foul that carried him into the stands under the basket. He fell down and when he got up, he apparently took offense with something a fan said to him, so he stood up and viciously shoved the guy and was immediately pulled away by teammates.

Reports arising that the fan called him the "N Word"

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#23 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Apperantly, the guy has a history with opposing players.

That said, as a player you're going to hear slurs and get obscene gestures almost every road game and you need to keep your composure. Smart should be sat down for a few. Entire season is way too much, though.

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

This is ridiculous. If that jerk off fan had slung racial slurs anywhere else he would be shitting teeth for weeks. But since he is a "fan" he's protected from the big scary basketball players. fug that guy, I'm totally fine with Smart pushing him. 

edit: if you can't tell me jimmies are rustled 

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hes falling right ontop our laps now!

hopefully would fap to him and hoped he shoved me

#26 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Lol @ his chick immediately just pointing like everybody didn't see what happened

she's like the annoying tattle tale first grader 

#27 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Smart is gone for three games.

http://espn.go.com/m...mes-shoving-fan

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Called him a pc of crap but no racial slur was used.  Don't understand the reaction.

Smart better be glad he doesn't play for Carolina cause he would hear much worse at Cameron

#29 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Pretty despicable for Smart to lie about someone being racist. That's far worse than the shove itself. He really is a piece of crap. An out of control animal. 

#30 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

According to the fan...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users