- - - - -

Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart Pushes Fan In Stands

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Do you guy around calling strangers a piece of sh*t, while expecting no reaction whatsoever?

You're right...

Yelling at a ball player on an opposing team during a game is totally the exact same thing as walking up to a complete stranger in a dark alley at night and yelling you're a POS at them.

Smart has yelled obscenities at fans in the crowd before. Do you think he would go up to a large group of people and run his mouth to them? No. Stop acting like it's the same thing.

#62 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Society is a joke...

Black man physically assaults a white man...

Immediate response...

ZOMG THAT WHITE DUDE IS A RACIST

this is obviously a troll post - but accusations of being a racist should not be taken lightly. That is something that will stick with a person and can severely damage a person's reputation (professionally and socially). "Racist" or "Bigot" are not words people need to be throwing around whenever they want. 

Right now, from my POV, it looks like the fan got a little out of line, and Smart lost his composure and then tried to make an excuse for his immature behavior by pulling the race card.  

#63 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

pc of crap is mild to what our own fans have called Matty Ice or Vick or Brees for instance.

And what about Kaepernick?  Think we called him a name or 12?

There were more than a few overtly ignorant comments made about Kaepernick here recently.

It was disgusting, and myself, and many others immediately called it out.

You're right...

Yelling at a ball player on an opposing team during a game is totally the exact same thing as walking up to a complete stranger in a dark alley at night and yelling you're a POS at them.

Smart has yelled obscenities at fans in the crowd before. Do you think he would go up to a large group of people and run his mouth to them? No. Stop acting like it's the same thing.

So then I take it that you don't go around doing that?

#64 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hyperbole, overreaction much?

Speaking of which..................

Society is a joke...

Black man physically assaults a white man...

Immediate response...

ZOMG THAT WHITE DUDE IS A RACIST

#65 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Speaking of which..................

I stated exactly what happened...

A black man shoved a white man & without any information on the altercation everyone started calling the white man a racist.

#66 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

I stated exactly what happened...

A black man shoved a white man & without any information on the altercation everyone started calling the white man a racist.

Oh that poor white man. Please tell us more about the persecutions that white men have to endure in this country.

#67 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Oh that poor white man. Please tell us more about the persecutions that white men have to endure in this country.

Yes, because a famous black athlete has so much persecution and tribulation in his daily life.

#68 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yes, because a famous black athlete has so much persecution and tribulation in his daily life.

Famous athlete? He's a 19 year old kid playing sports in college.

#69 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Aaaahhh, sometimes, athletes are just jerks, same with fans.

I remember Rodman hitting the camera man in the nuts without any provocation at all.  Hockey players and fans are the worst.  Every now and again, you see players crawling into the stands to take on some mouthy fans, both sides generally being white.

Most people just assumed there had to be a slur involved, but sometimes just a perfect storm of two jerks getting together.

#70 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Famous athlete? He's a 19 year old kid playing sports in college.

Who will be a 1st rd pick and millionaire playing in the NBA in a few months and gets preferential treatment and is the big man on campus who everyone wants a photo/autograph from.

But please, keep insinuating that he is like any other broke 19-year old playing ball at Davidson or Campbell.

#71 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Who will be a 1st rd pick and millionaire playing in the NBA in a few months and gets preferential treatment and is the big man on campus who everyone wants a photo/autograph from.

But please, keep insinuating that he is like any other broke 19-year old playing ball at Davidson or Campbell.

You, and I both know that isn't guaranteed to him yet. I'm sensing a hint of jealousy in your post. Personally, I wish anyone well who is making it out here in this world, no matter what race they just so happen to be.

#72 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

You, and I both know that isn't guaranteed to him yet. I'm sensing a hint of jealousy in your post. Personally, I wish anyone well who is making it out here in this world, no matter what race they just so happen to be.

That must be why 99% of your posts mention or involve race.

#73 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

That must be why 99% of your posts mention or involve race.

Weren't you banned for racist rhetoric Bwood? That's a little ironic coming from you.

I will go ahead, and let this die now though. Enjoy your afternoon.

#74 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

It would be pretty sweet if he fell to the Detroit pick now but probably not going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users