Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruff

Michael Sam, draft prospect, admits he's gay

1,564 posts in this topic

i know it's pointless to reply to you but....

i was saying the scenario of two virgins (guy and guy) waiting to have sex until their married, get married, and live without adultry compared to a guy and a girl in the same scenario is still considered a sin to some of you. And that to me is homophobic.

two guys having sex is a sin married or not.

so a guy and a girl in the same scenario isn't a sin is the point. (forget the thoughts and intentions part, it is arbitrary to this scenario)

so this gay couple is fuged from the get go.

as for the big deal post. I have read posts from you stating that michael sam shouldn't have come out to national media in one form or another.

i'm not saying you are outright homophobic. You don't have to say fine young male to be homophobic.

My point was that Sam was trying to use something besides his abilities to win a job on a team.  I am about numbers, measurables,  game tape and such.  I don't care if he is black, white, gay, Samoan, etc.  I think him getting his show with Oprah is more about life after football.  I think he was smart to do it from a capitalist standpoint, but not from a football standpoint.

I like football, ESPN and their Brett Farve, Tiger Woods, etc, etc obsessions, not so much.

Biblically, yes, but so is condemnation.  Picking one sin out over another as the one to emphasize is missing the mark.  Generally people in the church are fine with divorce, affairs, sex before marriage, but not homosexuality.  This is hypocrisy for sure.

I agree, that was a low blow

yea that's like me comparing you to heelok31.

I honestly am not trying to sound superior. god knows i'm not.

i just wish people would use their minds and their hearts about this. there are people in this world who grow up being told that the way they feel sexually is a sin. imagine if that was you and how that would make you feel being an impressionable teen. the ones that i know who had to deal with that, you can see a sadness in their eyes.

that's why their is gay pride, coming out to society, ect. cause they've had to deal with unimaginable bullshit and shame for most of their lives.

My point was that Sam was trying to use something besides his abilities to win a job on a team.  I am about numbers, measurables,  game tape and such.  I don't care if he is black, white, gay, Samoan, etc.  I think him getting his show with Oprah is more about life after football.  I think he was smart to do it from a capitalist standpoint, but not from a football standpoint.

I like football, ESPN and their Brett Farve, Tiger Woods, etc, etc obsessions, not so much.

i agreed with you on that. I wish he hadn't done it and someone in his corner knocked some sense into him. he's still just a kid with the entire fuging world watching his every move.

him coming out needed to be done. They needed cameras, there needed to be a celebration, there needed to be a shot of him kissing his boyfriend in celebration. so we can move the fug on and this won't be a big deal 20 years down the road. normalcy is key.

and that's why you are homophobic.

Biblically, yes, but so is condemnation.  Picking one sin out over another as the one to emphasize is missing the mark.  Generally people in the church are fine with divorce, affairs, sex before marriage, but not homosexuality.  This is hypocrisy for sure.

saying something is a sin is not condemnation and saying something is a sin is not picking one thing out over another. homosexuality is a sin and is not lessened by those who do not acknowledge other sins.

and that's why you are homophobic.

like I said anything can be called homophobic but really means nothing. So you are saying it is not a sin?

If you are not a Christian it is not a sin. stop slapping your beliefs on other people.

like I said anything can be called homophobic but really means nothing. So you are saying it is not a sin?

not in my mind, no.