Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruff

Michael Sam, draft prospect, admits he's gay

I drive a 3/4 ton diesel truck that sprays coal fumes everywhere. I own firearms. I'm heterosexual.

I don't have to be a liberal or a hippie or a homosexual to believe in equality.

I never said anything about equality.  I believe in equality for everyone. My soon to be sister in law is gay.  My uncle was gay (rip Preston), and they are/were just wonderful people and super funny. I have a friend I've known for 10 years and when I met him he was married and had kids.  A couple of years back he came out and he's married to a black guy now happy as ever...I was happy for him.  I love him to death, my opinion has never changed and I was never inclined to not be his friend.

There should be equality for everyone.  There's just some awkward logistics in a sports environment when it comes mixing gays with straights, not because of equality....but just simply the nature of a gay guys sexual orientation creates friction.

Maybe the best thing for the NFL to do is to have individual rooms and showers for players.  I'm ok with that. A gay guy wants to play football...great....let him play.  Having to share showers with a gay man has nothing to do with equality though.  If anything it's an infringement on rights

blacks are people and i'm just fine with them and all but honestly if we integrate them into the military with whites there's just going to be all sorts of problems so honestly, and i say this as someone who has no problems with blacks, why not just keep them separate to keep the peace?

Guest Dark Knight

I never said anything about equality. I believe in equality for everyone. My soon to be sister in law is gay. My uncle was gay (rip Preston), and they are/were just wonderful people and super funny. I have a friend I've known for 10 years and when I met him he was married and had kids. A couple of years back he came out and he's married to a black guy now happy as ever...I was happy for him. I love him to death, my opinion has never changed and I was never inclined to not be his friend.

There should be equality for everyone. There's just some awkward logistics in a sports environment when it comes mixing gays with straights, not because of equality....but just simply the nature of a gay guys sexual orientation creates friction.

Maybe the best thing for the NFL to do is to have individual rooms and showers for players. I'm ok with that. A gay guy wants to play football...great....let him play. Having to share showers with a gay man has nothing to do with equality though. If anything it's an infringement on rights

This has to be a troll. You can't possibly be this stupid.

I never said anything about equality.  I believe in equality for everyone. My soon to be sister in law is gay.  My uncle was gay (rip Preston), and they are/were just wonderful people and super funny. I have a friend I've known for 10 years and when I met him he was married and had kids.  A couple of years back he came out and he's married to a black guy now happy as ever...I was happy for him.  I love him to death, my opinion has never changed and I was never inclined to not be his friend.

There should be equality for everyone.  There's just some awkward logistics in a sports environment when it comes mixing gays with straights, not because of equality....but just simply the nature of a gay guys sexual orientation creates friction.

Maybe the best thing for the NFL to do is to have individual rooms and showers for players.  I'm ok with that. A gay guy wants to play football...great....let him play.  Having to share showers with a gay man has nothing to do with equality though.  If anything it's an infringement on rights

Infringement on what rights?

The same a right a woman would have if he she didn't want to take showers in front of a bunch of men.

Why would anyone worry about a gay person seeing them naked? What's the big deal? I seriously don't get it.

I figure some of them are convinced that they are so attractive that no gay man could possibly control themselves around them, even in a professional setting.

The others... I dunno... maybe they think  that all gay men are like 14 year old straight guys & if they so much as catch a glimpse of underwear "SPROING!!!!!"

The same a right a woman would have if he she didn't want to take showers in front of a bunch of men.

What right is that?

Agreed.

I've always believed that there are some rights that every human - no matter what nationality or religion - cannot be robbed of. There are dozens of rights that we all have but some are frankly the most important. Here they are:

1) Life. For some odd and random reason you made it into this world. That is a miracle and that is the most sacred thing you have. You have the right to defend it to your death.

2) Right to a Jury - Yeah I skipped a few there but this one is huge. I don't care what you did and how guilty or innocent you seem to be...a jury of your peers are going to hear your case. And believe it or not, most times they are surprisingly fair.

3) Right to Privacy - Debated for centuries but it is implicit and you are getting it whether you can find it in the Bill of Rights. Sort of.

4) Not having to share a shower with a gay dude- Probably the most important and debated right of our time. We don't need to debate the atrocities that have been witnessed due to violations of this right. Hitler made people do this,

God bless America

Do NFL players have some clause I don't know about in their contracts that they're forced to shower together or something? He keeps using this word "forced" like they can't go take a shower at home if they have a problem.