• Please log in to reply
1563 replies to this topic

#481 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

as a defensive end, his job is going to be to try to avoid behind grabbed and held by another man every play.

If he can make his opposition hesitate just a little, he's got a clear path to the QB.

It's brilliant when you think about it.

But it might be a disadvantage if the O-Linemen are fighting tooth and nail to prevent him from getting behind them.

#482 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,672 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

You know, I actually find the hate encouraging in a sad way.

Where in the past, the homophobia was so prevalent and understood, that opinions like this were the norm. The fact that the voices who are so vociferously opposed to sexual orientation acceptance in the sports just look foolish means we really have made progress.

The bigots just come across like dogs who are afraid of thunder. I just want to stroke your hair and tell you everything is okay while your worldview gets shattered before your eyes.

It's actually self hatred. They take these hard, ridiculous stances against social topics like homosexuality because the ideas have crossed their minds before and the confusing feelings bother them. They think this extreme approach is the way to prove their sexual orientation when they're really just hiding their true feelings. In fact....I think it's time for a Huddler or two to come out. Judging by the comments on this thread I have a few guesses who it may be. But don't worry guys...we won't judge you either. We will probably even be more accepting of you since we will know the root of your irrational thoughts. We still won't be able to understand your terrible sentences and butchering of the English language though.

#483 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,402 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

The primary reaction to this isn't 'I hate you because you're gay', it's 'I don't really care, do whatever you want' or 'Good for you, why is this news'. Most people simply don't care. Say what you will about tolerance, but there are few things more irritating than constant coverage of someone solely because they aren't straight. It's annoying to see this in place of real news, and it places people's sexual preferences above their actual merit. If being gay is normal, let's treat it as normally as we would treat straight people.

And I would say gay marriage would be more popular in more states if people who opposed it weren't constantly being berated or compared to actual bigots in Westboro or Iran. It doesn't help people join your cause when you judge them based on one issue - be it the pros or antis. If everyone focused more on ending the severe sexual and religious oppression discrimination in the Middle East (something I think most people on either side of anything would agree with), I think we'd get a lot more progress on general freedom than anything else... if only because it'd be reinforcing that you aren't a bad person just because you are gay, or you aren't a bad person just because you disagree with gay marriage. There are good people on both sides.

Because it is big news, that's why it is being covered. It's probably the most important story regarding the NFL because of the social prominence. Michael Sam coming out will give the public an insight as to just how homophobic the NFL still is. If he falls way short of where he should be drafted, and there aren't any primary concerns like injury, the collective league will be under scrutiny, possibly changing the entire locker room culture.

#484 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,538 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

american-beauty-rain.jpg

#485 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

PFT:

Panthers cornerback Drayton Florence sent out a decidedly mixed message on Twitter in the moments after the announcement.

“No comment but it can be a distraction in the locker room,” Florence wrote. “At least he’s open with it much respect!”

Which sounds like a polite way of saying, “I respect it, as long as he’s somewhere else so it doesn’t distract me.”

Panthers teammate DeAngelo Williams was more pragmatic, saying: “I could care less about a man’s sexual preference! I care about winning games and being respectful in the locker room!”

To Flo, I'm pretty sure our locker room is tight enough to have a guy like Michael Sam.

#486 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

He's a sexy man...he will be a distraction.

#487 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

which of the following have been used in this thread so far, I don't want to repeat.

I'd be happy to have him on D

They might have to double team him

He gets good penetration in the backfield

He can really shoot the gap

He can dominate a tight end

#488 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

To Flo, I'm pretty sure our locker room is tight enough to have a guy like Michael Sam.

Pun intended?

#489 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Its not just gay products. I remember reading an article after Collins came out that was about when the first NFL player to go public about being gay. In it they had Nike and other big name companies saying they would be jumping at the gun to sign him because it would bring unprecedented marketing opportunities. Once he gets drafted, watch for deals to be coming his way. Hes gonna be a rich man soon.

Can you enlighten me a little more on "gay products" and what they are used for? 

I'm also happy to see that you have exposed the obvious liberal, gay hidden agenda. It's important for everyone to realize that Michael Sam is potentially sacrificing money and and a NFL contract so he can score an endorsement deal with Subway. #eatfresh

#490 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,859 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

which of the following have been used in this thread so far, I don't want to repeat.

I'd be happy to have him on D

They might have to double team him

He gets good penetration in the backfield

He can really shoot the gap

He can dominate a tight end

PSC made a wide receiver joke early on (color me surprised).

#491 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Be interesting to see what happens to the SEC Defensive Player of the Year during the draft for the most homophobic professional sport in the world. 

Pro football the most homophobic? What BS. Baseball is way ahead in that category.

#492 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Pun intended?

Nope. I may have worded it like that, but I was being serious.

I believe that our guys under Ron Rivera make up one of the best locker room there is in the NFL. We are well disciplined with high character guys who would not let stuffs like this happen.

#493 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Currently ranked middle of the second round

Not by anyone I have seen.  Mostly 4th or 5th.

#494 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Because it is big news, that's why it is being covered. It's probably the most important story regarding the NFL because of the social prominence. Michael Sam coming out will give the public an insight as to just how homophobic the NFL still is. If he falls way short of where he should be drafted, and there aren't any primary concerns like injury, the collective league will be under scrutiny, possibly changing the entire locker room culture.

I gree with you that this is what will be watched.  The issue will be where people think he will be drafted. 

Some on here are already saying he should be a pretty high pick because he was the Co Def Player of the year.  But, everything i have read was putting him as the 15-16th rated DE....a late round pick.

#495 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Currently ranked middle of the second round

Where did you see that.

I heard (right before the interview with him), that most experts had him as the 15-16th rated DE....that is a lower round pick.  Not 2nd round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com